Making the switch from Mobil 1 to Super Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a shot of Super Tech 5W-30 synthetic next to M1 5@-20 EP - $17.97 vs. $57.97. I think the M1 off to the right is the "vanilla" type, but still pricey at $49.97.

20211115_191829_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
5% GST plus 10% PST with the 10% applying to the PST too? That's insulting!

It used to be worse; at one time the GST was 7%.
One of the things we didn't miss when we left 'Peg for Calgary, PST. But I do miss the restaurants, festivals, and close proximity to US border for a quick trip to Grand Forks while living in 'Peg for almost 25 years. But hiking in the Rockies and slightly warmer weather more than makes up.

One of the things we didn't miss when we left 'Peg for Calgary, PST. But I do miss the restaurants, festivals, and close proximity to US border for a quick trip to Grand Forks while living in 'Peg for almost 25 years. But hiking in the Rockies and slightly warmer weather more than makes up.
I wanted to move to Calgary for years, but have given up the dream - I have deep roots here now.

One good thing - they've done excellent work in controlling the mosquitoes here. We've had several almost mosquito-free years. I no longer consider them the provincial bird.

I love cycling and hiking in the Rockies. I've been up Ha Ling nine times, Indefatigable twice, Grassi Lakes a few times, done the Burstall Pass twice, and have cycled the Banff Legacy trail a few times. Did a bunch of new-to-us hikes this past August - Lake Louise, Beauty Creek, Bow Lake Glacier, Five Lakes, Pyramid Lake, etc.

The Rockies are my favourite destination, although we appreciate our proximity to Minnesota's outstanding bike trails.

I got M1 EP at Partsource for $32/5Qt jug the week before last, FWIW. I won't darken the door of Walmart, but CT and Partsource do have frequent sales.
I picked up the last jug of M1 0W-30 at my local PartSource around the same time. It was around the same price.

If I don't like the ST, and if the M1 sales come back, I may switch back.

Here's a shot of Super Tech 5W-30 synthetic next to M1 5@-20 EP - $17.97 vs. $57.97. I think the M1 off to the right is the "vanilla" type, but still pricey at $49.97.

View attachment 77987
Yeah - somehow I don't feel the M1 is worth the extra $40 - I'd def go SuperTech as well.

How 'bout them Flames and Jets? When will Green get the boot in Vancouver?

I wish Supertech was in 5W40 in the States. I know our friends to the north have it. Shelf space is a premium!

Yeah - somehow I don't feel the M1 is worth the extra $40 - I'd def go SuperTech as well.

How 'bout them Flames and Jets? When will Green get the boot in Vancouver?
The Flames are getting the goaltending from Markstrom that they were counting on a year ago. Last season was an off one for him, but he's playing very well this season.

The Jets are a well-balanced team with a lot of young talent. Last season's glaring weaknesses on defence have been addressed. Comrie has played well in the back-up role. Bucky is playing very well after a slow start.

Regarding the Canucks, it's always easier to fire the coach than 20 players. Not saying it would be justified, but that seems to be how it goes.

The Flames are getting the goaltending from Markstrom that they were counting on a year ago. Last season was an off one for him, but he's playing very well this season.

The Jets are a well-balanced team with a lot of young talent. Last season's glaring weaknesses on defence have been addressed. Comrie has played well in the back-up role. Bucky is playing very well after a slow start.

Regarding the Canucks, it's always easier to fire the coach than 20 players. Not saying it would be justified, but that seems to be how it goes.
As a die-hard Red Wings fan I'm waiting patiently for GM Yzerman to work his magic...I figure a few more seasons of missing the playoffs will bode well for us since we have some pretty good players in the system and we'll add a few more.

I think the Canucks should bring back these jerseys/uniforms 🇨🇦🇨🇦🍺🍺

Attachments

• 65E12974-35FA-4CE1-9DD4-37360DD6759E.jpeg
    65E12974-35FA-4CE1-9DD4-37360DD6759E.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 7
As a die-hard Red Wings fan I'm waiting patiently for GM Yzerman to work his magic...I figure a few more seasons of missing the playoffs will bode well for us since we have some pretty good players in the system and we'll add a few more.
I saw young Yzerman play here in late '87 - he scored 3 for the Wings in a 4-4 tie. (This is from my memory banks, which are usually pretty good. I should look it up to confirm.)

I think the Canucks should bring back these jerseys/uniforms 🇨🇦🇨🇦🍺🍺
We used to refer to those as the "Oh Henry! bar" unis! They were the uniform of the day when the Canucks made their improbable run to the finals in '82. The finished the regular season at 0.487, limped into the playoffs, and then played great until they ran into the dynastic Islanders.

Oh Henry! bar.jpg

Talk about a thread that got derailed big time.

Talk about a thread that got derailed big time.
I was thinking the same while it was happening - but sometimes the tangents are the best part!

To bring it back on track, the Jets are leading the Oilers 4-2 in the 3rd. At the conclusion of the game, the Zamboni will resurface the ice. Zamboni's engine, if propane-fuelled, will be easy on oil, and thus ST would certainly be a fine choice. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back