Mahle for Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got a Mahle oc 479 for my '02 V6 Camry only to find out the psi rating is 30. My Camry specs out for around 10 psi.. should I use it?

It is a longer filter (like I always use), on spec that is different is the high psi rating.

Originally Posted By: motts
I recently got a Mahle oc 479 for my '02 V6 Camry only to find out the psi rating is 30. My Camry specs out for around 10 psi.. should I use it?

Are you talking about the bypass setting? If so, no, do not use a filter with a bypass setting 20 pounds higher than the one intended for your vehicle even if it otherwise "fits".

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

Are you talking about the bypass setting? If so, no, do not use a filter with a bypass setting 20 pounds higher than the one intended for your vehicle even if it otherwise "fits".

+1

Do not use if the bypass is set that high.

No, you should not use it.

Why not use the Toyota TRD High Performance filter designed for your Camry?

One source is here: TRD High Performance Camry Oil Filter

Or you can pay a little more and buy it at your local Toyota dealership.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: gaijinnv

thumbsup2.gif

No offense but a TRD filter on a V6 Camry? Maybe on a Twin Turbo Supra but for a Camry, it's getting whatever WIX or Purolator is on sale.

Last edited:
What are you looking to do with a larger than OEM oil filter? Doubtful if you would ever fill up a normal filter with debris and the extra oil you get in the system (1/2 cup) is minimal.

Originally Posted By: jayg

thumbsup2.gif

No offense but a TRD filter on a V6 Camry? Maybe on a Twin Turbo Supra but for a Camry, it's getting whatever WIX or Purolator is on sale.

No offense, but perhaps the person who asked the question does not share your point of view ...
smirk.gif

No offense, but perhaps the person who asked the question does not share your point of view ...
smirk.gif

Different strokes for different folks but is not worth questioning why somebody would put a "racing" filter on a commuter?

Originally Posted By: jayg

smirk.gif

Different strokes for different folks but is not worth questioning why somebody would put a "racing" filter on a commuter?

The way some people commute, they might as well be in a race car.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back