Mahle oil filter for BMW - $5.79

I don't know the story on the Select filter. The pictures on O'Reilly's website don't show a closeup of the black part on the Select filter where the manufacturer's name is. Visually the only difference I can find is the little o-ring on the Select filter is orange, and on the cheap one it's black. Otherwise they look the same to me.

Fram? It says synthetic blend media on the select filter I think they are the only manufacturer that makes a blend for that application. How much was it?

Fram? It says synthetic blend media on the select filter I think they are the only manufacturer that makes a blend for that application. How much was it?
The select was $10.99. As a side note, the Wix was, um......more. 🤯

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 6.37.58 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Edit: When I picked up the Microgard filter on Saturday, I was so pleased that it was a re-packaged Austria-made Mahle that I ordered 4 more, which I picked up today. One was another repackaged Mahle and the other three were not. The non-Mahle Microgards have no markings on the black part of the filter like the Mahle does, and the non-Mahle filters are marked made in Korea on the white end. I'll still use the Korean ones and probably change them at 5k miles.

Last edited:
Back