Magnetti Marelli Mopar Filter for Hemi

Just picked this up from my parts department for my Hemi. I did see the thread from 2019 on this, but 1st time I see it stocked in our parts.

20210204_223405_resized.jpg
20210204_223416_resized.jpg
20210204_223433_resized.jpg
20210204_223447_resized.jpg
20210204_223452_resized.jpg
20210204_223459_resized.jpg

They are definitely made different than mopar ones are made. I have looked at several side by side of different models.
I don’t know enough to say it’s this or that brand but they are surely different.

they made them smaller when the ac lines and electric power steering showed up down in the filter space

Proudly made in Fayetteville, NC
Unless Champ Labs/(First Brands) has a new factory there, I don't believe so. Topic not Puro US construction.

Looks to be a Champ Labs made for MM/Mopar ecore, likely with a combo valve.

Unlike ACDelco made for GM applications, the ST sold at WM could be very close if not identical to topic.

It would with me, my 08 Malibu 3.6 and 17 Regal GS 2.0T both came with small filters, went bigger for both added capacity and filtration ;)
IMG_0099.JPG

Unless Champ Labs/(First Brands) has a new factory there, I don't believe so. Topic not Puro US construction.

Looks to be a Champ Labs made for MM/Mopar ecore, likely with a combo valve.

Unlike ACDelco made for GM applications, the ST sold at WM could be very close if not identical to topic.
Perhaps, it has been several years but the last time I was in that plant they had pallets of those filters stacked to the roof.

^^^^ Champ Labs filters made in the Puro factory in Fayetteville would be news to me. Afaik, never been a connection between Champ and Purolator OF manufacturing or ownership. If there's a Champ Labs OF manufacturing also located there, I'm unaware and find no evidence of such.

That said, welcome any citing to the contrary.

Edit PS. Thinking on it more, Purolator did (perhaps still does) make some Mopar OFs (maybe even MM label filters) and perhaps what was seen? However, topic Champ made filters not the same.

Last edited:
Proudly made in Fayetteville, NC
I didn't see that anywhere on the box or filter? Looks very "Ecore" to me-any shots of the inside of the filter to confirm? Doesn't look like Puro date code either.
I love completely random and subjective comments like this.

Small compared to what?
Does a Hemi (multiple versions now) command a larger filter?
Same size filter my Express' 6.0 uses, although the AC Delco UPF48R is a much better choice. Amazing how these multinational auto manufacturers just slap their name on any part they can get a cheap deal on-and it is up to the end user to determine whether the part is a good deal or a ripoff (as this MM branded Ecore probably is)!

There's no doubt the topic filter is 'not' Purolator construction. There's also no doubt the topic MM/Mopar is Champ Labs ecore construction. The nylon cage centertube can be seen in last pic as well the auxiliary base plate used on Champ Labs ecore OF's.

Confident the place of manufacturer noted is confused with other Puro made Mopar OFs as previously noted. Topic MM made in a Champ Labs US plant, perhaps Albion IL

Back