Magnetic Drain Plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
it might wear out in a number of years from the heat, but after 6 months, it's still strong as a mofo
and it's much stronger than the filtermag trans magnet, and i put it near the drain so whatever attracts gets flushed out

Originally Posted By: Julian
Did you really need one that big?
grin2.gif

sure, i need everything to match me
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ] it might wear out in a number of years from the heat, but after 6 months, it's still strong as a mofo
and it's much stronger than the filtermag trans magnet, and i put it near the drain so whatever attracts gets flushed out

Originally Posted By: Julian
Did you really need one that big?
grin2.gif

sure, i need everything to match me
crackmeup2.gif

You have quite a sense of humor.
55.gif

I just bought some filtermags i'm gonna try them out @ 1000 miles and cut them open post some pics. also gonna put some on my 300D diesel benz's fuel filter see what is going around in my fuel tank. Should be interesting

There are high temp neodymium magnets out there. I think they start losing their magnetic ability around 300 degrees.

I have some of these cylinders and also some of the discs and they are incredibly strong. I had them in my pocket with a cell phone and it destroyed my cell phone.

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=D66SH

I have been putting these things in transmission pans and on oil filters. I have done multiple oil changes on 3 different cars in the Texas heat over the past year, and these magnets stay where I put them. Are they needed? Are they catching stuff? I have no idea, but it does bring peace of mind knowing it is there.

BTW, be careful, these will pinch you and are very hard to remove from any magnetic surface.

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ] i put one of these block magnets on the oil pan near the magnetic drainplug
http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BY0X08-N52

omg it's strong

For what it's worth neodymium magnets are easily "neutered" when exposed to temperatures in excess of about 175F (so I wouldn't bother putting one inside a bath of motor oil that's likely to get at least 25F hotter than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back