Magneti Marelli (Alfa Romeo OEM) Filter for Stelvio

After looking at your dissected filter and hearing they think your K&N is insufficient (may be true though LOL), you should ask them if the Supertech $2.99 filter is approved since it's got identical manufacture characteristics.
lol.gif

Nice car, BTW.

Originally Posted by RamFan
Originally Posted by JC1
Originally Posted by MrQuackers
30 dollars for a reset? Holy cow...

Did you check Youtube for tips? I found this

Link

Unfortunately that's not the case. The Giulia and Stelvio have two different OLM systems. One in the dash which is the adaptive one, this can be reset by playing with the pedal. The other is in the infotainment system.

That one can only be reset via OBDII hookup using the FCA tool or an aftermarket software system called Multiecuscan. To further complicate this, for 18 and newer MYs, FCA added an SGW to the OBDII which restricts connectivity between the car and this third party software. So if you choose to reset the system diy, you now also need to buy an SGW bypass.

How this doesn't violate Magnusson Moss I have no idea.

One of the most ridiculous procedures i've read in a while.

With my GM product I go to the oil life monitor readout and press the select button on the dash, then choose yes when it asks to reset the oil life monitor. Less than one minute. It's my car I should be able to easily do this and it should be told how to reset in the owners manual.
I guess if I had the Stelvio I would ignore the one OLM and use the adaptive one.. or maybe just write down the mileage till the next change I feel is best.

As for the imaginary court trial the dealer has the certified mechanic and you have yourself.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
As for the imaginary court trial the dealer has the certified mechanic and you have yourself.

I'm betting if your GM vehicle required you to go to the dealership and force you to pay $80+ to have them complete your home DIY oil change, you'd be thinking about a lawsuit too.

Considering Fiat's (Alfa & FCA) engine track record in the US, I don't think I would push my warranty luck with anything they build. Wonder what a dealership oil change would cost? Can't imagine it would be much more than $80!

Originally Posted by DriveHard
why on earth is O C O D (orange can of death) a censored acronym? Yet, I can say "POS"???

Careful there. You're riding a very thin line here of getting a vacation.
28.gif
27.gif

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Considering Fiat's (Alfa & FCA) engine track record in the US, I don't think I would push my warranty luck with anything they build. Wonder what a dealership oil change would cost? Can't imagine it would be much more than $80!

I guess I have not heard bad things about their engine life/reliability. Oil change at the dealer in question is $210.

Back