Made in USA or not

I recently purchased a Long Nose Wire Cutting Plier off Ebay made by Wire Pro allegedly made in the USA. Received the item and it looks good. However although the package states Made in the USA the tool has NO markings at all as to its orig
an. Is this common??

If the factory packaging has Made in the USA, then that should be good enough. No need to mark the individual tool.

Give me Japanese quality over pretty much any company anyway... For some time I've seen quite a few 'Proudly Made/Assembled In USA' then in fine print 'of domestic and imported components'... lmao on that as if you're proud to make something in this country then make every **** part of it.

Wirepro is probably Klein normal tool line with a few blemishes so instead of wasting the tool completely they stuck a different handle and repackaged.

Its not a tool but I bought a Yoder smoker made in Kansas a couple months ago. It even had the date of production on it. Good to hear you are buy USA made tools once in a while.

Attachments

• YcheRVUoTwWXbTnkddC+6w.jpg
    YcheRVUoTwWXbTnkddC+6w.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 6
Give me Japanese quality over pretty much any company anyway... For some time I've seen quite a few 'Proudly Made/Assembled In USA' then in fine print 'of domestic and imported components'... lmao on that as if you're proud to make something in this country then make every **** part of it.
I buy that says Made in USA, but I have doubts in buying Assembled in USA. For what, Chinese made parts assembled in USA "'mostly" by illegal immigrants? Not fair, no way. My personal opinion, no pun intended.

If the factory packaging has Made in the USA, then that should be good enough. No need to mark the individual tool.
Not so, there was a lawsuit a few years back abut this and the company won because it said that the BOX was made in the USA and the buyer made an assumption and that wasn't the company's fault.

Being "Made In USA" no longer gives hand tools a quality advantage. I don't even bother looking for that any longer.
Sad Sad, but true! With the obliteration of north american manufacturing, the workers of the past are no longer there.
Without benefits there is no incentive for them to stay and acquire experience, so today's factory worker is a gypsy from one job onto the next even if totally unrelated. Thank you Sam Walton !!!

Not so, there was a lawsuit a few years back abut this and the company won because it said that the BOX was made in the USA and the buyer made an assumption and that wasn't the company's fault.
Do you have a link to this lawsuit? What was the company name and the product in question?

I agree, but I don't think you can even get made in USA nuts and bolts. For all I know sometimes those are the only imported parts.

Do you have a link to this lawsuit? What was the company name and the product in question?
Sorry Tyler I cannot remember it was at least 2-3 years ago. I remember it vividly because
I though that it was so deceitful, but one also finds the reverse where the box is made in one
country and the content in the USA only you know this because the origin of each is printed/embossed on them.

Back