Made in China brake fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
"just shipped from a warehouse there." sounds fairly unlikely.

I use Chinese-made brake fluid, but its made in the other China.

Amazon's country of origin listings aren't always the most accurate. The Motul brake fluid is probably not Chinese
smile.gif

BE CAREFUL.

I ordered a "Made in Germany" tool from Amazon at a great price, didn't notice the long delivery time (5-6 weeks or something).

Got a shipped-from-China notice.

"Made in Germany" tools do not ship from China.

Asked for a order cancellation, sorry already shipped, took it to Amazon, got a refund.

If it really ships from China, it's a fake. They've been swarming Amazon lately everywhere, often using "hacked buy box" accounts.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
BE CAREFUL.

I ordered a "Made in Germany" tool from Amazon at a great price, didn't notice the long delivery time (5-6 weeks or something).

Got a shipped-from-China notice.

"Made in Germany" tools do not ship from China.

Asked for a order cancellation, sorry already shipped, took it to Amazon, got a refund.

If it really ships from China, it's a fake. They've been swarming Amazon lately everywhere, often using "hacked buy box" accounts.

That is scary..seems to be happening to quite a few folks....

Amazon sucks at listing the correct COO in the item description. The same thing happened to me when I was looking at EBC brake pads, and I contacted them about it. They were pretty firm about it being a mistake on Amazon's part, and that none of their products were made in China. Of course when I got the pads, it had "Made in UK" in big letters on the side, too.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
I would try to avoid Chinese brake fluid. Too much copy cat going on there.
This one did not come from China, it came from the E.U. (likely France). ... Question: What major auto fluids (oil, anti-freeze, brake, power steering, etc.) come from China or other third world countries? I've never heard of any. We get everything else from China, so why is Walmart not overflowing with cheap Chinese motor oil, etc.?

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
This one did not come from China, it came from the E.U. (likely France). ... Question: What major auto fluids (oil, anti-freeze, brake, power steering, etc.) come from China or other third world countries? I've never heard of any. We get everything else from China, so why is Walmart not overflowing with cheap Chinese motor oil, etc.?

The chemical business rewards distribution models that put large (high capital investment) processing plants in strategic locations, typically at the source of the raw material (in the Middle East near oil wells, for example) or near the customer at a large port (say, the Gulf of Mexico) where ships can pump off the raw material, and a good rail distribution system exists.

The problem with fluids from China is they have neither the raw materials, nor the proximity to the customer. Essentially you're paying twice the shipping cost just to have them refine and package.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
The problem with fluids from China is they have neither the raw materials, nor the proximity to the customer. Essentially you're paying twice the shipping cost just to have them refine and package.
Makes sense. It must be that the cheap labor rates don't overcome all those logistic factors you mention. Different than making iPhones in China! Compared to Apple exploiting low labor rates in China, that is a bunch of small products, easily shipped, that don't require expensive, massive equipment to make it. Good contrast.

all thos container ships coming rom china filled with goods, they have to go back there to get another load. It makes sense to have them loaded with raw materials for the return trip. an empty or a loaded container ship, what's the diference in cost to send it from europe or the US to China?

I had atalk with one of the Directors of MPM, an automotive fluid repackager. He said there's sweet and sour crudes, and they're not both useful to make lubricating oils from. US crudes: good, Middle east crudes: bad...

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
all thos container ships coming rom china filled with goods, they have to go back there to get another load. It makes sense to have them loaded with raw materials for the return trip. an empty or a loaded container ship, what's the diference in cost to send it from europe or the US to China?

A big difference if you want to send crude liquids on a Ro/Lo or container ship that's not a tanker...
Raw materials going back tend to be recyclables more amenable to such ships, like metals, and surprisingly, a lot of cardboard.

Watch out for Amazon third party sellers. If you are buying Motul products "Shipped from China" there is a good chance you will get a fake.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic

I had atalk with one of the Directors of MPM, an automotive fluid repackager. He said there's sweet and sour crudes, and they're not both useful to make lubricating oils from. US crudes: good, Middle east crudes: bad...

You get sweet or sour crude everywhere. Only depends on the oil formation it is coming from. Sweet crude means it contains carbon dioxide, sour crude has hydrogen sulphide. That's it. You can have two wells right beside each other, one producing sweet, one producing sour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back