Made a pot roast tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first ever attempt to make a pot roast. I browned a beef chuck roast in the skillet with salt and pepper, then cooked it with some carrots and russet potatoes for 8 hours in the Crock Pot. Came out absolutely heavenly! Roast literally falls to pieces it's so tender! Carrots are sweet and buttery,and potatoes are melt in your mouth amazing!
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Audios
Im making an eye in the slow cooker this week same way! Did you follow any recipe or just wing it?

I just totally winged it. I remembered my grandmother always browning the roast.

Originally Posted by double vanos
Good job! There's nothing better than a good pot roast, and the neat thing is roast beef sandwiches the day after (if there's anything left).

Thank you!
smile.gif
My favorite is to fry some white corn tortillas in a skillet with butter,then fill them with leftover roast. My version of street tacos
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
My first ever attempt to make a pot roast. I browned a beef chuck roast in the skillet with salt and pepper, then cooked it with some carrots and russet potatoes for 8 hours in the Crock Pot. Came out absolutely heavenly! Roast literally falls to pieces it's so tender! Carrots are sweet and buttery,and potatoes are melt in your mouth amazing!
[Linked Image]

Mmmm num num. and when we do them the house smells just awesome

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Make sure KiKi get some
grin2.gif

She loved her pot roast din din,along with her Purina One Chicken Recipe Premium Pate
laugh.gif

Forget social distancing, That looks wonderful, I'll be over for dinner in a few! Bit of a long drive... but traffic is light.

St. Louis style ribs tonight, corn on the cob and mac&cheese.. The wife slow cooks roast all the time. Delicious!

Yep, I just bbq'd oak-ee smok-ee ribs and sausage … Was well received
Big ham planned for tomorrow

Originally Posted by 4WD
Yep, I just bbq'd oak-ee smok-ee ribs and sausage … Was well received
Big ham planned for tomorrow

I'll be on first flight down with cornbread and some beer
10.gif

THIS WORKS FOR CORNED BEEF TOO.

I seared the flat, fat side and into the slow cooker w/potatoes, onions, cabbage, carrots, parsley

After the 7 hours I removed the fat (for the birds) and walked a big knife through it all.
Corned Beef & Cabbage Soup.

real good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back