Greek style porch chops in a crock pot???

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Have to go to a Christmas choir concert at 4pm today (painful but I am married so one often has to do things they may not want to).

Not sure when the concert will end. So decided to try and make Greek style pork chops in a crock pot. Not sure how they will come out.

Six center cut pork chops
olive oil
lemons
salt
pepper
oregano
garlic powder

Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano the pork chops on both sides. Make a marinade for the crock pot of olive oil, lemon (ratio is 2x olive oil for 1x lemon juice), salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano. Mix the olive oil and lemon juice, then add seasings to your liking. Not to much salt as the pork chops are already salted.

Char the pork chops on the grill (I think I would have used a cast iron skillet to brown instead of the grill as the grill limits the area being charred). After both sides are charged, place the pork chops and marinade in the crock pot. Slow cook for five hours......

This is my own reciepe I just made up..... no idea how pork chops will taste being in a crock pot for five hours.

PXL_20211212_170726233.jpg
PXL_20211212_171911868.jpg
PXL_20211212_174856402.jpg
PXL_20211212_175239178.jpg

Cast iron better than grill imho but grill can work a ok. Should be fine but again, mho, 6hr on low should be good to go. I'd not go past 6hr. .fear of mushy. If you can, give it a try at 4hr.

I've had a few la Creuset cast enamel pots for over 15 years now. Perfect for what you're attempting. What is great about em is yoy can sear in the pot and keep all that good char flavor in the pot.

Reactions: GON
Looks good and betting the chops will be delicious! I would have added some sliced onions, but that is me!;)

My favorite way of cooking pork chops, came by accident years ago. I had topped off my flour container with sugar, being the idiot that I am.:mad:

Anyway, I dipped chops in an egg wash, then floured with seasonings and fried them up in a hot cast iron skillet. Wife asked me what I did different because they were much better than before and I agreed! I back tracked and found the sugar into flour mistake. LOL

Now I do them that time every way. Probably a 70% flour and 30% sugar mixture. (unless I grill them or crockpot like you did today)

For a fried pork chop - try it sometime! Best of wishes to you all.

Have to go to a Christmas choir concert at 4pm today (painful but I am married so one often has to do things they may not want to).

Not sure when the concert will end. So decided to try and make Greek style pork chops in a crock pot. Not sure how they will come out.

Six center cut pork chops
olive oil
lemons
salt
pepper
oregano
garlic powder

Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano the pork chops on both sides. Make a marinade for the crock pot of olive oil, lemon (ratio is 2x olive oil for 1x lemon juice), salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano. Mix the olive oil and lemon juice, then add seasings to your liking. Not to much salt as the pork chops are already salted.

Char the pork chops on the grill (I think I would have used a cast iron skillet to brown instead of the grill as the grill limits the area being charred). After both sides are charged, place the pork chops and marinade in the crock pot. Slow cook for five hours......

This is my own reciepe I just made up..... no idea how pork chops will taste being in a crock pot for five hours.

View attachment 80868View attachment 80871View attachment 80867View attachment 80870
How were they? Look great. This is basically how I cook now. No recipes.

How were they? Look great. This is basically how I cook now. No recipes.
Pablo, they came out good but the crock pot was new and it had temperature control issues, so not as good as they might have in properly working crock pot. BTW, I researched the crock pot, and on the manufacturer's web-site reviews were brutal for the temperature control issues. Yet Amazon had much more favorable reviews.

Lesson learned- tell your Wife to keep her old crock pot- new crock pots may not work so well.

2.4 stars out of 5 on the Manufacturer's web-site. Seems they might want to discontinue this product....

Back