Made a decent oil score today

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I decided to try out some Motorcraft full synthetic 5w-20. Stopped by AAP and they had it for $4.99 a qt.

Just for the heck of it I told the salesguy that I'd buy both cases he had if he gave them to me for $3.25 a qt. He actually said ok. That's cheaper than the synth blend. This is the most oil I've ever purchased at one time. If I don't like it I'll use it in the wifes Accord.

I was just real surprised when he had no problem dropping the price.

Originally Posted By: AdRock

So I decided to try out some Motorcraft full synthetic 5w-20. Stopped by AAP and they had it for $4.99 a qt.

Just for the heck of it I told the salesguy that I'd buy both cases he had if he gave them to me for $3.25 a qt. He actually said ok. That's cheaper than the synth blend. This is the most oil I've ever purchased at one time. If I don't like it I'll use it in the wifes Accord.

I was just real surprised when he had no problem dropping the price.

You made a good score and use it without worry.

Wish I could find MC SYN.....I would use it since I have a Ford.

Here in Central Oregon, Wallyworld only carries MC Blend in five quart jugs. Its priced at $12.50 which is vey reasonable.

Last edited:
not bad at all, I run the MC 5w20 syn blend & MC 820s filter in my mazda6s. Cant beat a sub $20 oil change with quality stuff.

Originally Posted By: hardcore302
Wow. The only place you can find it in NYC is the dealer and theywant 7 something.

You should be able to get it at an Advance Auto Parts near you.

I just took a look on aap's website and put in the zip I found for Middle Village, NY 11379.

It came back as having the 5w-20 Full Syn in stock at these 2 locations.

Advance Auto Parts - Store 8585 9 miles from zip 11379
2 JERICHO TPKE
FLORAL PARK, NY, 11001
516-358-3270

Advance Auto Parts - Store 6718 10 miles from zip 11379
175 BROAD AVENUE
FAIRVIEW, NJ, 07022-1545
201-941-2371

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back