M1 AFE 0W16

See my signature line. I posted a UOA on here with only 2k miles and it showed high fuel dilution.
It has been an 'unwritten' custom on BITOG to put your vehicle(s) in your sig with odo reading and the oil and filter you are currently running.
Ok I see on the eco sport wagon.

See my signature line. I posted a UOA on here with only 2k miles and it showed high fuel dilution.
It has been an 'unwritten' custom on BITOG to put your vehicle(s) in your sig with odo reading and the oil and filter you are currently running.
It’s interesting ford has a sensor to monitor fuel dilution.

Oil Dilution Warning Light

A spanner and oil represent this warning light.

The EcoSport oil dilution warning light comes up if fuel has leaked into the crankcase.

To avoid potential engine damage, have your Ford mechanic check your EcoSport as soon as possible.

It’s interesting ford has a sensor to monitor fuel dilution.

Oil Dilution Warning Light

A spanner and oil represent this warning light.

The EcoSport oil dilution warning light comes up if fuel has leaked into the crankcase.

To avoid potential engine damage, have your Ford mechanic check your EcoSport as soon as possible.
Didn't see that in my Owners manual Ill have to re-read and see if i can find that. I have never seen a low OP light come on.
The engine raps from low HTHS way before the idle OP gets too low.

Where did you read that? It's a good practice to footnote or ascribe quoted articles.

- Thanks, Ken

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220606-104658_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220606-104658_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 17
I'm busy heading off to the Doctor's office, but Ill read my OM again and see if the US spec has this lamp.

wondering if it the same as the low oil pressure warning lamp. I'll take a dashboard photo!

How do you know it's severe? Without seeing UOA's from other Toyota Hybrids at a similar amount of mileage this could be within average ranges.

Never mind. No sense in carrying this on with you. Run your 8.5km long trip with no worries.

Good luck

I'm busy heading off to the Doctor's office, but Ill read my OM again and see if the US spec has this lamp.

wondering if it the same as the low oil pressure warning lamp. I'll take a dashboard photo!
Nothing in my owners manual or on the dashboard. Just a plain old oil pressure idiot light.
Maybe on the DIC info screen? Maybe a Euro and Diesel thing only?

Yeah I am crying now. I would Think FORD would have had D.I issues figured out on MY engine, seeing it has been used on hundreds of thousands of Ford Focii in prior years.
I have that same 2.0 Duratec (Mazda MZR) in my 2014 Focus (6 years older than yours) and haven't had any of those issues (low OP etc...).
I admit that the DI Duratec makes the oil darker (soot) a lot quicker than it's port injected cousin in my 2016 Escape and for that reason I keep OCI's shorter. I did an intake valve cleaning using the STP kit at 50K and definitely felt a difference (smoother) and will do it again at about 75K (I'm at 70K now).
Is it possible that the noise you're hearing is the fuel injectors 'clacking' as mine does that (actually both the Focus and Escape)?

Back