M1 10W-30,2001Honda Prelude, 8000km

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Quick_lude:
The mechanic is correct about the oil spilled onto the exhust. It's actually oil filter rundown on the down pipe, it can be minimized by covering it with a newspaper but most shops don't do it. Heck, even I don't do it..
dunno.gif
Just wipe it down and let it burn off over the next 2-3 days of driving.

Regarding how much oil you put in, I'm confused. How many litres of oil did you bring? Are you saying it wasn't enough and the mechanic charged you for an extra litre? Our cars take 5L on the dot with a filter change.

If you have any Prelude specific questions, check out our club at http://www.hondaprelude.to/forums/index.php , plenty of usefull info and helpfull members.
canada.gif

I took in 5 liters.Even if it wasn't enough I would have expected to be given the chance to choose.
In the day I went to see what went wrong my touch up paint arrived.They gave it to me for free instead of a refund.

Is that TPC ?I visit the site sometimes under another name.I wanted to change it after I got my Lude but couldn't do it.
If I'm not mistaken I think I can brag for beeing the one who posted there about this site a couple of years ago.
Nice club you got there.

[ October 04, 2003, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: absolude ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ferrari:
absolute, where about in Canada are you from?

Here is my UOA for my 2001 Prelude done after last winter. You may want to change your oil and filter...

I live in North Ontario.
Your UOA makes me wanna cry.
Knowing that M1 is a good oil I'm looking back to find reasons for the numbers I got.
This is what I can think of:
Use of 10W-30.
Maybe I'm driving it too hard although I never took my car to the track or autocrossing.Neither I push it when the engine is cold.
I used the block heater a lot.I heard that it can cause condensation and hence corrozion??Since I drove very little over the winter(maybe 1.000-1500 Km)is hard to blame the cold weather driving.
I'm actually thinking not to use the block heater this winter or to use it for just an hour or so before driving.
Could it be that it takes longer for this engine to brake in?

That manganese looks normal to me, I see similar numbers on all my reports too. It's from Canadian gas.

As far as the block heater goes, I don't see how using it could hurt your engine wear, if anything you'll see a lot lower engine wear since the engine is partially warmed up already, and your oil will not take nearly as long to get to the proper operating temp. I'm definitely going to be using my block heater every single morning this winter.

[ October 04, 2003, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back