M1 104-A oil filter cut open

Just because they have non-metal end caps doesn't mean anything if there's no related failure or issues. Have you seen any failed Honda oil filters posted here? If it works, it works ... functionality isn't a always a beauty contest, lol.
Yes if the efficiency is the same or substantially similar I’d always avoid metal end caps. In fact I prefer no caps at all.

Thanks for the pics.

But......bruuuuuhhhhhhh....you "wanted to see if there's any metal" but proceeded to cut it open with a Sawzall???

I'm no expert, but $100 says you found metal shavings in the filter.

I simply do not understand the dismay over fiber end caps. Many oems, European vehicles, etc use them with no issues. As long as the filter has good efficiency, doesn't tear, end cap material is trivial.

I simply do not understand the dismay over fiber end caps. Many oems, European vehicles, etc use them with no issues. As long as the filter has good efficiency, doesn't tear, end cap material is trivial.
Non-metal end caps do fine if they are designed and manufactured right. Most are too thick and dense to really have any oil flow go through them. The filtering media is 100+ times more free flowing than a 1/16th or 1/10th inch thick fiber end cap would be. Oil flow will always go for the least resistive flow path.

Back