M1 0w40 - 7800miles - 2011 Camaro LS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: buster
The new SN M1 0w/5w-30 should be all you need in this engine.

True, but I have a 2004 LS1. They came out during SL oils and my valvetrain is quieter when I have added ZDDP and not changed anything else.

Numbers look spot on for the miles. The Universal Averages are based on 3,900 miles. You put on exactly twice that at 7800. So to get an accurate 1 to 1 correlation to the Universal Averages you could split you wear numbers in half, which would then compare correctly. The first numbers on the left are your wear numbers with a divide by two [/2]...

Aluminum: 12/2 = 06 vs 07
Chromium: 2/2 == 01 vs 02
Iron: 66/2 ===== 33 vs 33
Copper: 164/2 == 82 vs 89
Lead: 1/2 ====== .5 vs 07
Tin: 0 ========= 00 vs 01
Nickel: 2/2 ==== 01 vs 01
Silver: 0 ====== 00 vs 00
Titanium: 0 ==== 00 vs 00

Above, look at the two numbers on the right. That's a direct comparison to the UA's, based on the same mileage [your numbers halved]. So not only are they comparabed for this engine, but slightly better. When you consider that you're still in the break-in period & you had two track d, I'd say that is quite a feat! Based on those, I'd say the oil did exceptional in your case. This is why they give you UA's & tell you the mileage they're based on, so if you have a different mileage you have the ability to compare them 1 to 1. In your case it was easy as you had exactly twice the miles, so hving them gives you the accurate comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back