Lug nut socket set

Looking for a new set must cover 17 19 and 21 at min. I already have a 22mm for the 2020 ram but if it was included that would be a bonus

Looking at the hazet set trav posted a couple years back its currently on sale for aprox 40$ us (€29.58)
and a KO-KEN set for $60
I do prefer the plastic protector extra points for durable with socket "tip" coverage and an insert inside

The koken set is 17/19/21 despite saying 1 pc.. its a bad listing description.

Currently I have a really old HF set that has held up for a decade plus but I blew up the 19mm and the 21 is getting old too(lots of use).. barely used any of the other sizes.

Please suggest other sets I tried an ares 19mm and it wasnt good.. went back to amazon with the plastic all beat up and cracked after changing wheels once...(not user error LOL)

If you use them daily, they all break on you. Tried Hazet, Facom and no-name sockets.

The plastic protetector is only good if it can rotate freely on the socket, so it can stay stationary against the wheel paint. The Hazet did that best. some don't do that at all.

That Hazet set looks good. I have a set like it and they work well. I just looked at the cost to ship to me, though I have US Prime, it's at least 15 Euro to ship to NJ!

17$ for one I'd be more likely to buy their 4 pack for $30 the extra long is nice but un-needed.
That Hazet set looks good. I have a set like it and they work well. I just looked at the cost to ship to me, though I have US Prime, it's at least 15 Euro to ship to NJ!
UGH, missed the shipping.

also considered this sunex which used to be made in taiwan?.. now china ;(

Thought someone here might have a favorite hidden gem.

Also just noticed you cant use Gift cards from amazon at amazon.de :\

Last edited:
I recently bought the Craftsman set of 17, 19, and 21 at Lowes for $25. Guaranteed for life so I'm not really worried about them breaking. They have inserts and work well.

16492544.jpg

I do own the Hazet sockets. As Jetronic said the plastic protector sleeves rotates
freely on the socket (or it stands still as you hold it with your left hand). Hazet also
does a 22 mm version. I recently ordered a set of Wera sockets, I'm still waiting on
them though. They're supposed to be veeeery nicely made (and I love nice tools).
Both Hazet and Wera come with rotating sleeves and plastic inserts to protect the
wheel bolt's or nut's head surface. I also use to wrap some tape around the sockets.
I feel better with some softer material at the end.

Hazet 903SLG-22 (22 mm):
276555_1.jpg

Wera 8790 C Wheel Impaktor:
wera-05004595001.jpg

Those Wera are nice(and I love my wera screwdrivers) but If I'm paying for German engineering, I want made in Germany.. not Taiwan. at those prices.

Thanks for the info. You made me spend some with google search.
However I wish I did this before. Actually some Wera tools are made
in Czech Republic and some are made in Taiwan. These 'Wera 8790 C
Wheel Impaktor' sockets are made in Taiwan. I didn't know that. :p
Seems everything without 'Made in Germany' written on isn't made in
Germany. That said, while I probably wouldn't have gone for them
with knowing what I now know, I'm still looking forward these sockets
will please my fingers and my eyes and do a good job.

Btw, at just 29.58 € that Hazet set is a bargain. I'm pretty sure I paid
much more than that many years ago.

Those Wera are nice(and I love my wera screwdrivers) but If I'm paying for German engineering, I want made in Germany.. not Taiwan. at those prices.
I’d go with the Hazel. I think I have a 22 mm hazes come where. Shipping and all, it’s still not that much money for a first world set.

I do own the Hazet sockets. As Jetronic said the plastic protector sleeves rotates
freely on the socket (or it stands still as you hold it with your left hand). Hazet also
does a 22 mm version. I recently ordered a set of Wera sockets, I'm still waiting on
them though.
They're supposed to be veeeery nicely made (and I love nice tools).
Both Hazet and Wera come with rotating sleeves and plastic inserts to protect the
wheel bolt's or nut's head surface. I also use to wrap some tape around the sockets.
I feel better with some softer material at the end.

Wera 8790 C Wheel Impaktor:

After more than two months they finally arrived. Yes, they do look a little
'nicer' compared to the Hazet sockets, however next time I'd go for either
Hazet again or Stahlwille, which are both made in Germany. As Rand said
Wera sockets are made in Taiwan but still same price as Hazet. Currently I
could obtain a set of Stahlwille wheel sockets (17, 19 & 21 mm) for 35 €. I
should have gone for them.

Another vote for Hazet. I recently read on the Garage Journal forum about a Koken impact socket breaking. They ended up making good on it, but the tool was not in use for very long.