Lucas Slick Mist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your Auto Zone. The planograms at the AutoZones are standard throughout the stores. There's an end cap located on the paint aisle where the Lucas Slick Mist is at.

I haven't used it or talked to anyone that has used it yet. Let us know what you think.

I use it on my show car. I was using AW over DG 105 but after seeing several guy's at shows using it I ask them about it and after they told me about it I decided to give it a try.
This is polymer sealant but it is like using a quick detailer. Compared to slick mist AW is like using syrup.
I can clean and seal my car just as fast as using a quick detailer like 4 star.
I bought mine at a motorcycle shop and paid 6 bucks for 24 ounce bottle. You will soon see why it is named SLICK MIST because it will leave the surface really slick.
TIP apply this stuff thin. It works on hot surface no problems with streaking.
I went to a car show yesterday and did my car in about 15 minutes you probably could do it in 10 if you were to hurry.

DURAGLOSS Aquawax is the best.

and it's NOT a quick detailer, it's a last step product... Using it as a QD may marr your paint.

Quote:

DURAGLOSS Aquawax is the best.

and it's NOT a quick detailer, it's a last step product... Using it as a QD may marr your paint.

DURAGLOSS Aquawax is the best
Before I tried Slick Mist I would have agreed with your statement.
Perhaps you should try a product before passing judgment on it.
You are correct AW is not a quick detailer and neither is Slick Mist.
Slick Mist is a polymer sealant it is intended to be a last step product but it is so easy to use that many are using it as a quick detailer.
I still have over a gallon of Duragloss fast clean and shine and a gallon of AW and will use it on my daily drivers.
The DG 105 is one of the most durable products on the market and the AW will extend the life of the 105 but their is a reason that so many use SM at car shows.
When you must make your car look as awesome as possable and you only have a short time to do it and you may be doing it in the blazing sun nothing does it better than Slick Mist
I think that AW is more durable so it depends on what you are looking for. AW is much harder to apply and remove especialy in the sun.

"AW apply and remove"? I have not tried Slick Mist. Now I want to. But, what's hard about applying/removing AW? Just spray on while drying your car (with Absorber or MF towel). It might add 2-5 minutes to my typical drying routine. The next day you'll be amazed if you have metallic paint.

Quote:

"AW apply and remove"? I have not tried Slick Mist. Now I want to. But, what's hard about applying/removing AW? Just spray on while drying your car (with Absorber or MF towel). It might add 2-5 minutes to my typical drying routine. The next day you'll be amazed if you have metallic paint.

Like I said I use 105 and AW on all 7 of my daily drivers and yes AW is easy to use but if you try to use it in the sun or use the FC&S in the sun then try the slick mist you will know what I'm talking about.
Not much difference in the looks but AW is like using syrup compared to slick mist.
AW is easy Slick Mist is easier and faster with just as good a result.

Absolute best spray detailer IMHO is Auto Magic's Magic Mist. It's a carnauba-based spray detailer that's absolutely fantastic. Once we had a car show indoors under mercury vapor lights, and any fine scratch in the paint stood out like a sore thumb. Those kind of lights are the greatest "tattletale" for paint defects I've ever encountered. Anyways, a couple times going over it with Magic Mist, and all the little boo-boos were completely gone, and the paint looked like it was just dripping off the car.

One guy asked me if he could buy the rest of my bottle to use on his car!

If I were a dealer for their products, I could have sold out of Magic Mist in the first day of being there.

I spoke to a Lucas rep about it, he didn't even recommend it over the other polish they sell. It's pretty much just a detailer spray that leaves a slick oily finish, no durabilty to speak of. If you try Zaino z8 a couple times, you want to use anything else, but it is twice as much as slick mist. Zaino z8 leaves a slick surface but not oily, you can see the difference. Z8 is a clear product that does have an orange tint, wereas slick mist is a milky looking product. It has a mild cleaner and an oil, wereas Zaino z8 has no cleaner and it just a spray sealant. Lucas doesn't have anything that would protect your car long term, just an "all in one" type product and a quick detailer. If you want the best for your car go to the guys that just concentrate on that. Zaino's the best I've tried, but there are other good ones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back