Lucas Oil Extender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hethaerto
Lucas Oil Stabilizer?

Probably deleted because so many people here cry and scream when someone (like me) confesses to liking it.
***CRY*** ***SCREAM***
LOL.gif

So sad eh? People need to grow up!

I believe there have been several threads on topic over the years.
I recall a "loss in MPG" statement and was wanting to read thru that again.
We run it in high mileage Detroits(1.2-1.5 million miles) and
maintain steady mpg compaired to the history 200-900K miles.

Hmmmm ?

It would be best to do your own MPG test. What kind of use does the truck get? What work has been done on the engine ? That is some good life,how do you do it?

Sure don't want to post on a sore topic but i can't help but to profess my faith in the lucas products. The oil extender is the one i've used the longest and although i can't say for certain its the deciding factor in longevity, i can say that my 89',95' and 2000 full size chevy vans all racked up 300,000+ miles each using the product, and while other components led to the trucks demise, the motors were still running strong with NO oil usage in any of them when they were sold. I can't help but to think that a combination of my dilligence at service and the quality of the oils/filters led to their longevity. I've used it(20yrs) on all of my personal vehicles as well with no failures or complaints of any kind. It is good stuff i'd say..imo anyway. Never have checked it's effects on mileage as its always in there... J.R.

Originally Posted By: JonnyReb
Sure don't want to post on a sore topic but i can't help but to profess my faith in the lucas products. The oil extender is the one i've used the longest and although i can't say for certain its the deciding factor in longevity, i can say that my 89',95' and 2000 full size chevy vans all racked up 300,000+ miles each using the product, and while other components led to the trucks demise, the motors were still running strong with NO oil usage in any of them when they were sold. I can't help but to think that a combination of my dilligence at service and the quality of the oils/filters led to their longevity. I've used it(20yrs) on all of my personal vehicles as well with no failures or complaints of any kind. It is good stuff i'd say..imo anyway. Never have checked it's effects on mileage as its always in there... J.R.

I would bet good money if you used the same regimen except you dropped the lucas you would have had the same end result... Vehicle falling apart around the engine.

Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee

I would bet good money if you used the same regimen except you dropped the lucas you would have had the same end result... Vehicle falling apart around the engine.

This is absurd to me. This kind of thinking is so common on BITOG: "I'll bet that Lucas LOS had absolutely nothing to do with your success, even though you've used it religiously the entire time".

*rubs forehead*

JonnyReb said:
i can't say for certain its the deciding factor in longevity I can't help but to think that a combination of my dilligence at service and the quality of the oils/filters led to their longevity.

This is absurd to me. This kind of thinking is so common on BITOG: "I'll bet that Lucas LOS had absolutely nothing to do with your success, even though you've used it religiously the entire time".

*rubs forehead*

Did i not add in enough disclaimers for you? Could it have been those other "oils" i mentioned? Funny how quick you throw out your opinions with nothing to back them, least i know the stuff doesn't hurt anything, more than you can say of your knowledge of it.

*scratches [censored]*

JonnyReb said:
i can't say for certain its the deciding factor in longevity I can't help but to think that a combination of my dilligence at service and the quality of the oils/filters led to their longevity.

*rubs forehead*

Did i not add in enough disclaimers for you? Could it have been those other "oils" i mentioned? Funny how quick you throw out your opinions with nothing to back them, least i know the stuff doesn't hurt anything, more than you can say of your knowledge of it.

*scratches [censored]*

Wow, another completely senseless post.

Yep, that came out pretty senseless... my apology.
I feel dumb and i still like lucas... J

I like Lucas LOS, too.

I've never had it foam up on me, and it does have a positive effect on drivability.

It really helped out my brother's old minivan that wasn't getting oil to the topside of the engine. After a few minutes of idling with LOS in, the topside finally became oil-wetted and became much quieter.

We had a mechanic at one of the Honda stores I worked at that used LOS in any car the used car dept sent to him that made any kind of engine noise. He'd use LOS to doctor them up. Funny thing was a few of these doctored up gems came back as soon as the customer had the oil changed.

*rubs forehead*

Just because its there does not mean it did anything. I will admit it obviously didnt harm these engines, but unless it is repeated without the Lucas we will never know.

Personal accounts are rarely enough info to praise or condem a product. There is no repeatability, no control within the sample group, and just too [censored] many variables to contend with.
I don't like LOS, but I have never heard of it blowing up a motor when used correctly.
In fact, I could see instances where it might be useful for an old worn motor...especially one that could use a rebuild. Whether or not its buying more time, or simply hiding the symptoms, many owners or old worn cars swear by lucas.

I would never use it in a fresh engine though, as I don't see how pouring a super thick goop in the sump would do any good...especially on modern low viscosity loving engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back