Lucas 20W50, 36 quarts $66 delivered; Zoro

Just 6 quarts arrived today. Contacting Zoro now.
Thank you, will call and cancel my order, I am not going to be dealing with "returning" anything for anyone, if you can't deliver what I am purchasing, then either send the remaining or call it a loss, having someone go through hopes to "return" something is a waste of everyone's time.

Only tangentially related but Zoro once sent me a huge box of elevator bolts when I ordered several 6' lengths of all-thread.

I called and they said they'd refund me once they received the completely incorrect product back. They were of course going to provide a return label.

I said nope, you can send a call tag, I'm not going to lift a finger including using my ink or paper to print a label. And you will refund me TODAY as this WRONG material is arguably in no way related to my CORRECT order.

I could have kept it and called it a gift -- you can't just randomly mail things to people and THEN expect them to pay (basic contract law), but I'm not like that. I was also not going to waste one extra second of my time for their gigantic error.

Requested cancellation, and they said it would take a few days to get it canceled as the "distributor" needs to confirm it...Yeah probably won't be buying from Zoro again, very polite customer service agents but they are not holding their distributors accountable as it was the "distributor" who labeled it incorrectly according to them.

Thank you guys for providing updates on the items delivered to you, it helped me avoid a headache later

Requested cancellation, and they said it would take a few days to get it canceled as the "distributor" needs to confirm it...Yeah probably won't be buying from Zoro again, very polite customer service agents but they are not holding their distributors accountable as it was the "distributor" who labeled it incorrectly according to them.

Thank you guys for providing updates on the items delivered to you, it helped me avoid a headache later
It happens in the quest for the deal. Some come through, others don't. Zoro is sending me a return label, I've cancelled the rest of the order. While it would have been cool if it was real, it's ok that it's not.

It happens in the quest for the deal. Some come through, others don't. Zoro is sending me a return label, I've cancelled the rest of the order. While it would have been cool if it was real, it's ok that it's not.
Agree. I'm going to call today and get an update / cancel. I'm not upset at all though, I only have a small amount of time in it. It was definitely worth the potential upside and little to no downside now that we know it is bogus and can just cancel.

Bingo…I have supposedly 36 qts enroute for $56 and if only 6 show I’ll return them…
I decided to let my order run its course. Just got an email receipt and tracking number. Says 14lbs.
So to confirm, the ad was incorrect….

Yea my order of 36 shipped. Looks like its quarts, not cases, by weight also. But since I ordered 36 cases that means I will be getting "1" order and missing the other 5.

Will see how it goes after I get my order and write them.

I paid for 72 quarts, only 12 quarts were delivered (from Grainger via Zoro), all 12 quarts were returned, and I was reimbursed for the 72 quarts I had purchased.

To return the box I had to drive to the nearest FedEx shipping center about 20 minutes away.

This whole thing with Zoro (or Grainger) was a waste of time. Since they use deceptive pricing I don't see myself buying anything from them again.

I paid for 72 quarts, only 12 quarts were delivered (from Grainger via Zoro), all 12 quarts were returned, and I was reimbursed for the 72 quarts I had purchased.

To return the box I had to drive to the nearest FedEx shipping center about 20 minutes away.

This whole thing with Zoro (or Grainger) was a waste of time. Since they use deceptive pricing I don't see myself buying anything from them again.

I told them it was on my porch and to come get it. They wanted me to jump through hoops as well.
I did a charge back and waiting to hear from that now. I have it by e-mail they can do a will call to pick it up and the site STILL list it as cases, not quarts.

I was tempted by this 5w-40, but I really need to organize and reevaluate the stash I have on hand right now anyway.

Back