Lucas for rack and pinion issue

Lucas claims their product will fix rack and pinion issues. My issue is my 03 neon turning left is tighter than turning right. Tie rods are new control arms are new, quick struts are new. Flushed the power steering system with fresh fluid. Nothing has made a difference. The parts replaced were also just bad but nonetheless this issue remains. Steering shaft looks fine no binding etc. Replacing the rack looks like a pita and since it has no play and isn't leaking I feel like a bandaid might be the best answer.
Has anyone experienced such an issue and Lucas has helped? I have nothing to lose by trying it but figured I'd ask here. anyway. Thanks everyone.

Personally, I would replace the current fluid with the "Lucas PS fluid with conditioners" (about $10/bottle at Walmart). I have been using it in two cars for 5+ years and, in both cases, it nicely smoothed out "notchy" steering issues that new OEM fluid failed to solve. Whether Lucas helps with your car has yet to be seen, but the cheap/easy approach is definitely worthwhile, before spending a lot of time/money - especially on an older car.

Back