LSJr's Video Testing Data - Pennzoil and Quaker State's Differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok folks let's relax a bit.. getting too far into other topics. This topic is not about LSjr. It's about the testing he presented w/data. Take those derogatory Triax comments to PM.

I did not ask about Lake Speed, Jr, who by the way, formulated motor oils for Driven. I asked if you understand.
Your question is not relevent to this post and Im not sure what trail you are going down. Everyone agrees that Quaker State and Pennzoil are two different products designed for different buyers. Lets keep on topic.

Your question is not relevent to this post and Im not sure what trail you are going down. Everyone agrees that Quaker State and Pennzoil are two different products designed for different buyers. Lets keep on topic.
You're the one questioning the qualifications and credentials of Lake Speed, Jr., and the information he disseminates. When you do that on a public forum, it's only fair, that at the very least, we question your understanding of the subject matter, never mind your qualifications and credentials.

I do not make any claims to being something that I am not. I am just an average guy who has a business involving vehicles and trying to figure out whats best for my business. I never said or claimed to be an expert on laboratory oil analysis. I think you should review your assumptions.
You have a considerable history of drawing conclusions about things without sufficient data and then clamming up and not responding to the threads you start on these subjects when people make it a point to put in the effort to point this out and explain why. It's like you use this forum as some personal blog, you talk "at" us, rather than with us. It's disrespectful and bloody annoying.

Recently, you told us to "youtube" and "google" sludge, a subject that has been discussed EXTENSIVELY on here, which you'd be aware of, if you'd partaken in any of these discussions or bothered to use the search function. This was presented as revelation, despite that extensive history and the fact that what was being commented on, was not in fact sludge. You are a serial drive-by poster, abandoning anything you participate in when it doesn't appear to be going your way.
Can I ask what are your qualifications and experience? I stated mine.
No, you can't. I have absolutely no interest in partaking in your deranged e-peen credentialing exercise.
As for Lake his education is 2 certification couses and a BA in Advertising. Currently he is in sales for piston rings. His last job was in sales for "Driven Oil" which is not pertinent to my business.
Do you have a degree from Harvard in Livery Service? Does such an animal even exist? No? Then how are we to know you are qualified to operate as you do?

You are effectively implying that he's unqualified to be commenting as he does because he doesn't have the specific credentials YOU require of him. If you were serious about taking issue with how he presents himself, his contact information is available. But of course you've already said you don't want to speak TO him, you just want to complain about him here on this forum, under the shroud of anonymity.

You wanted to become a certified nuclear operator for Ontario-Hydro? Some of the people started with nothing more than a grade 12 education. There are nuclear engineering degrees, but that doesn't teach you how to actually run the plant, how the unit behaves, how to respond...etc. They generally prefer somebody with an engineering degree (mechanical, electrical...etc), but it isn't a requirement. You start working as the low man in the control room and eventually become an operator, and then, work your way up to shift supervisor if you demonstrate sufficient aptitude.

The absurdity in the presumption that because a certain individual doesn't have a PhD in a specific discipline that they are without expertise is staggering. The lack of critical thought on display by somebody pushing that narrative does nothing more than underscore their own shortcomings.

You're the one questioning the qualifications and credentials of Lake Speed, Jr., and the information he disseminates. When you do that on a public forum, it's only fair, that at the very least, we question your understanding of the subject matter, never mind your qualifications and credentials.
Let Lakespeed come to the forum and explain his Linkedin page. I am trusting whats on his page is accurate and complete. He can edit the page if there are errors.

You have a considerable history of drawing conclusions about things without sufficient data and then clamming up and not responding to the threads you start on these subjects when people make it a point to put in the effort to point this out and explain why. It's like you use this forum as some personal blog, you talk "at" us, rather than with us. It's disrespectful and bloody annoying.

Recently, you told us to "youtube" and "google" sludge, a subject that has been discussed EXTENSIVELY on here, which you'd be aware of, if you'd partaken in any of these discussions or bothered to use the search function. This was presented as revelation, despite that extensive history and the fact that what was being commented on, was not in fact sludge. You are a serial drive-by poster, abandoning anything you participate in when it doesn't appear to be going your way.

No, you can't. I have absolutely no interest in partaking in your deranged e-peen credentialing exercise.

Do you have a degree from Harvard in Livery Service? Does such an animal even exist? No? Then how are we to know you are qualified to operate as you do?

You are effectively implying that he's unqualified to be commenting as he does because he doesn't have the specific credentials YOU require of him. If you were serious about taking issue with how he presents himself, his contact information is available. But of course you've already said you don't want to speak TO him, you just want to complain about him here on this forum, under the shroud of anonymity.

You wanted to become a certified nuclear operator for Ontario-Hydro? Some of the people started with nothing more than a grade 12 education. There are nuclear engineering degrees, but that doesn't teach you how to actually run the plant, how the unit behaves, how to respond...etc. They generally prefer somebody with an engineering degree (mechanical, electrical...etc), but it isn't a requirement. You start working as the low man in the control room and eventually become an operator, and then, work your way up to shift supervisor if you demonstrate sufficient aptitude.

The absurdity in the presumption that because a certain individual doesn't have a PhD in a specific discipline that they are without expertise is staggering. The lack of critical thought on display by somebody pushing that narrative does nothing more than underscore their own shortcomings.
Not relevent to this thread and off topic. It sounds like you have something personal against me and it can be settled with a private message. There is no need to be argumentative with an essay about my past postings. Please take this to a private message.

Not relevent to this thread and off topic. It sounds like you have something personal against me and it can be settled with a private message. There is no need to be argumentative with an essay about my past postings. Please take this to a private message.
You already derailed this thread with your crusade against LSJ. You want to back out of it now because it's getting spicy? Your past postings are relevant because they demonstrate a trend of behaviour, which has a very interesting contrast with this current context.

now i am curious to try Quaker State ultimate protection, but we d'ont have this product in Canada. i am going to do a road trip for a friendly Walmart store in New England to get some jugs of 5w30. or maybe 10w30 if i can find some, but 10w30 appears to be difficult to find.

Let Lakespeed come to the forum and explain his Linkedin page. I am trusting whats on his page is accurate and complete. He can edit the page if there are errors.
Lake Speed, Jr. doesn't have a problem with you, you're having a problem with him. I doubt Lake Speed, Jr. is even aware of your existence. So, please tell me again, why does he need to explain himself to you, here?

Reactions: 4WD
now i am curious to try Quaker State ultimate protection, but we d'ont have this product in Canada. i am going to do a road trip for a friendly Walmart store in New England to get some jugs of 5w30. or maybe 10w30 if i can find some, but 10w30 appears to be difficult to find.
I’m really interested in it too, but 5w30. As far as I know in my area it’s a Walmart exclusive and they don’t carry the 10w30. With the diminished demand for 10w30 I am kind of surprised they even make it.

I’m really interested in it too, but 5w30. As far as I know in my area it’s a Walmart exclusive and they don’t carry the 10w30. With the diminished demand for 10w30 I am kind of surprised they even make it.
I ran it in my 5.0 for one OCI. I had no issues. At the time, it was less than $20 at Walmart. Pretty good deal.

You already derailed this thread with your crusade against LSJ. You want to back out of it now because it's getting spicy? Your past postings are relevant because they demonstrate a trend of behaviour, which has a very interesting contrast with this current context.
If you want to have an off topic personal conversation about topics such as my personal posting style I am available by private message. I have spoken to staff members in the past and this is their preference for off topic material.

Lake Speed, Jr. doesn't have a problem with you, you're having a problem with him. I doubt Lake Speed, Jr. is even aware of your existence. So, please tell me again, why does he need to explain himself to you, here?
Lakespeed is putting himself out there on Youtube and I am simply offering my commentary. I have good things to say but I do have one critical comment and thats about his resume. I did email that Society and explained in detail. Amazingly I got a reply back stating he does not meet the definition. Im just wondering whats going on and as an older adult I can say I have come upon this many times where education and experience are mis-stated.

If you want to have an off topic personal conversation about topics such as my personal posting style I am available by private message. I have spoken to staff members in the past and this is their preference for off topic material.
200w.gif

Lakespeed is putting himself out there on Youtube and I am simply offering my commentary. I have good things to say but I do have one critical comment and thats about his resume. I did email that Society and explained in detail. Amazingly I got a reply back stating he does not meet the definition. Im just wondering whats going on and as an older adult I can say I have come upon this many times where education and experience are mis-stated.
This is Lake Speed Jr.:

The video proves another one of my points in that he needs to think about his presentation. Maybe he needs to put up a simple PowerPoint presentation. The hand movements, the facial expressions, the droning on and on and the music. Do we need this for an oil presentation?

1000032016.jpg
1000032015.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back