LS G3038 shuttle shift - Traveller Premium Hydraulic fluid change

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2014 LS G3038 now has about 220 hours on it IIRC. Owned it new since mid 2015. At about 100 hours, I changed the trans filter and drained probably 2-3 gallons of fluid or so. Partly due to the design of where the filter is mounted and the heavy flow of fluid that drained out before I could get a new filter on. The sump capacity is something like 7 gallons on the tractor. I have zero issues with the tractor and the hydraulic system is performing just fine with zero problems. Just curious on the thoughts about this hydraulic fluid. On tractorbynet it seemed to be well recommended and regarded as a good oil. Does anyone else here use this or have feedback on it. This spring I would like to do a full fluid drain and fill.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/traveller-premium-universal-tractor-trans-hydraulic-fluid

Originally Posted by sw99
Just curious on the thoughts

You are changing your tractor hydraulic fluid far, far, far, far too often. There's just no need for it.

My thinking was to get a large majority of the remaining fluid out. It's now been 3.5 years and just 1/3 of the fluid has been exchanged.

Clean oil is happy oil My 4310 John Deeres is 400 hours and the Kioti DK45 oil change interval is around 350 hours.

I have used Traveller fluids with success.
I currently use the RK equivilants, as I'm closer to RK than TSC.
The house brand fluids from major marketers seem to do fine, at least in my applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back