Low Temp Grease for Hand Operated Items

I have an old school 750 Holmes wrecker bed and every moving part on it has a grease fitting, even the hand operated cam locks for the tow bar. The last owner was using a white grease, I believe it was some kind of Lubriplate. These aren’t heavily loaded parts, most of them only use grease to keep them from sticking. I used Schaeffer 219 last year and it was a nightmare in the cold getting things to move. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to use. I am usually an Schaeffer fan but it will take a couple years to use a tube on this at least and don’t need a box of it. I have Oreillys, Orschelins, Tractor Supply, as well as several industrial suppliers nearby that I can source something from.

Check out the Traveller brand Premium Heavy-Duty Lithium Complex grease or Rotella Multipurpose Lithium grease at Tractor Supply, right around $4 a tube I think.

THIS^
how about some NLGI#1 or even NLGI#0 greases.....maybe even #00 :)
If it’s slow moving surface on surface, a low number nlgi grease with high moly might be good.

I have some lubriplate 00 grease, it’s white and is good stuff for sliding parts.

Wouldn't you be looking at a lower NLGI grade or at least a lower base oil viscosity to keep the grease as fluid as possible in winter?
Yes that is my line of thinking too. I leaning towards Mystik Low Temp grease. I was not aware that they offered a specific product for low temperatures.

Back