Low Oil Level Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading about Hondas and their oil consumption in a previous thread and with all their high tech variable valve timing etc.,why can't they have a simple sensor so when vehicle is at rest it would measure oil level? Many vehicles have a low washer fluid sensor, but knowing ones' oil level is far more important. I realize if you are reading this you are probably like me and even if your unit(s) have never used any oil you still check weekly! Do any manufacturers have this oil level feature?

You only check yours weekly? I probably lose more oil from checking it than driving.
lol.gif

Joking aside, you do have a good point. Almost all cars do have an oil pressure light, if not a gauge, which is probably more important than the level, but it would be nice to know that as well without opening the hood.

Some cars do have an oil level sensor. Honda, for whatever reason, doesn't include it in their models. Personally, I prefer the dipstick - there's one less sensor that can fail, fewer wires under the hood, and so on. I'm on a personal campaign to make cars simpler.

My BMW has an oil level sensor. The oil light turns on in a yellow color when you turn off the car if it is 1 liter low.

I have never seen mine do this, it has not used any oil yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back