Loving gas prices right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around here it is in the $ 2 range .

Worries me . If gas prices get too low , I am afraid some one will start a war to drive the prices back up . :-(

We just had the gas tax go into effect, about 25 cents per gal, supposed to be for roads and bridges, but somehow a huge chunk went the governors mansion last year......real nice. Regular is 2.35 by me, Super 2.85 and of course Diesel is up to 3.05. Was 2.50 over the summer, and I remember 2.29 at one point this year. Its down 10 cents from the 3.15 I paid about 10 days ago.
And if were being nostalgic, my first job was pumping gas at a Gulf in 1998 when I was 15. It was .79, .89, and .99 then. When I left around 17, it was up to 1.65 for super, and I remember freaking out when my buddy whos dad owned a station said he had to buy more 2's since it was going up to 2$!

Last edited:
It's about $2.79 here in the Phoenix area.

But Costco has it for $2.49. Too bad I run Premium in the Sonata (It pings otherwise).

Just filled my Ranger today
smile.gif

B8C7F7AE-03C5-4EA1-831C-582210C89C15.jpeg

Originally Posted by Audios
When I left around 17, it was up to 1.65 for super, and I remember freaking out when my buddy whos dad owned a station said he had to buy more 2's since it was going up to 2$!

Man, I remember in 2007 when stations were having to buy more 3's, 4's, and 5's as gas & diesel just kept getting higher & higher.

I told all the guys at work "you'll never in your lifetime spend less than $2 per gallon of gas, ever again"

I was wrong.

Still $2.85 ish here in South Central PA, glad I work in Maryland as it's around $2.39 there. Still higher compared to alot of other places.

No wonder so many of you guys drive V8's.... petrol (gasoline) here is currently $AU1.52 per LITRE, while diesel is $AU1.62. (The conversion for litres to US gallons is 1 gallon = 3.785 litres by the way...)

We just had the gas tax go into effect, about 25 cents per gal, supposed to be for roads and bridges, but somehow a huge chunk went the governors mansion last year......real nice. Regular is 2.35 by me, Super 2.85 and of course Diesel is up to 3.05. Was 2.50 over the summer, and I remember 2.29 at one point this year. Its down 10 cents from the 3.15 I paid about 10 days ago.
And if were being nostalgic, my first job was pumping gas at a Gulf in 1998 when I was 15. It was .79, .89, and .99 then. When I left around 17, it was up to 1.65 for super, and I remember freaking out when my buddy whos dad owned a station said he had to buy more 2's since it was going up to 2$!

I still have my logbook from 1998. Used to get gas at the Gulf on Ridge Road for 80c. Crazy...

Originally Posted by JHZR2

I still have my logbook from 1998. Used to get gas at the Gulf on Ridge Road for 80c. Crazy...

I remember back before my driving days around that same time when regular was 87 cents a gallon in Georgia.........you could probably drive the entire length of I-10 from Florida to California in a Dodge Neon for $60. Now whether you want to do that in a Neon is a whole other story.

Originally Posted by hpb
No wonder so many of you guys drive V8's.... petrol (gasoline) here is currently $AU1.52 per LITRE, while diesel is $AU1.62. (The conversion for litres to US gallons is 1 gallon = 3.785 litres by the way...)

And you have to spend $1.37 $AU to buy 1.00 $US.

Originally Posted by JHZR2

The cheapest I have ever seen gas in the US since I got my licence in 1986 was in 1998, I saw gas for 97 cents a gallon in Memphis. That's the only time I have ever seen it below a buck a gallon. In Canada the lowest I ever saw it was 33 cents per liter in Calgary in 1988.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back