Loving gas prices right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gas has been a lot cheaper up here lately (it was 97.9 cents per liter at the Shell near my house, a few months ago it was closer to $1.35) but I have found the prices in Buffalo NY (where I gas up about once a month) haven't been that great. Last weekend when I was there I paid $2.95 a gallon, and in the summer it was around $3.09 so it really hasn't dropped much at all. I remember it being closer to $2.25 around this time last year.

$2.06 yesterday evening is the cheapest I have seen it here in a long time. Weeks ago prices were around $2.60 a gallon.

I paid 3.15 at my local Costco few days ago. California is sure crazy with their gas tax, despite all this, I have never seen so many jacked up trucks and Chevy Tahoes on the road. All driven to work and back, and my commute is about 60 miles one way. Can't imagine fueling these beasts just to go back and forth to work by myself. Plenty people do it though.

Last edited:
you all overpaid!

$1.64 @ Denton(TX) Buckee's this morning ....
(no carwash needed)

A pic for the doubters....:

gas164.JPG

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SeaJay
Its dropping by me, but not to the levels in some other states due to NY taxes on each gallon. $2.75 or so is about as low as I've seen in the metro area, but that is lower than it had been.

I'm also a big fan of low gas prices. I remember riding with my dad to buy gasoline, he favored the place with the lowest price which was $0.24 cents a gallon back then. If he worked local, $2 was enough gasoline. If he was working in the next town it would need $3 of gas.

NY taxes are why I cross the border into Mass to buy gas if I need to do shopping.

Originally Posted by oldoak2000
you all overpaid!

(no carwash needed)

Wow good deal, I filled up yesterday Shell $2.56 .

Originally Posted by csandste
1.849 yesterday as Missouri continues to vote down gas taxes.

Exactly. LOL

I voted for it

Originally Posted by oldoak2000
you all overpaid!

(no carwash needed)

Jeez some people in cali are paying double what you paid. Here in ny it was like $2.75. A whole dollar more per gallon Ugh. I will be moving out of NY when schooling is over. The people and politicians are not my type. Nice you even have 87 ethanol free. Here if you want ethanol free you have to buy 93.

I would gladly pay 10-20 cents more a gallon if it was dedicated only to road infrastructure.

Originally Posted by joegreen

Jeez some people in cali are paying double what you paid.

Yup, paid 3.39 for Shell 87 this morning. (Would have been 3.49 without my rewards points.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back