Lost remote key fob for 2016 Charger - where to get a replacement?

wwillson

Staff member
As the subject line says, we lost one of the key fobs for our 2016 Charger. I'm wondering if the best replacement is from the dealer or are there other sources such as an aftermarket key fob? Our fobs have remote start. My requirement is that it has to work reliably. Ideas?

Reliable remote start on a more modern system eh. Check the dealer for a quote. An outside programmer can be good but they usually program a cheap quality fob.

buying an oem fob and taking it to get programmed can be an option but most would rather upsell you their fob but idk if you can buy new oem fobs outside the dealer easily. Some places may advertise oem but usually lie. You could get a used fob with an oem board in an aftermarket case i believe.

Fob itself at a dealer will be $182 list for remote start fob PN 5026676AH and the security blank will be about 46.60 PN 68200221AA.

Dealer programming fees vary between dealers, most will charge 1 hour of labor which I know at my dealer is $145.

Personally I would get a quote from the nearest dealer. I am not confident in aftermarket keys on these modern Mopars.

note: best to give the the last 8 of your vin to clarify the fob you need, or PM it to me and I can help. Big wholesalers have online sites and you can usually get a good bit off any given part buying it online not including shipping.

Try carandtruckremotes.com and if you have Batteries+ nearby, they can program it for about $50.

They only have a refurbished OEM key fob with remote start listed but it's only $80. They do have an aftermarket version with remote start that's only $40.

My local professional Locksmith made a key for me, and had an almost identical to factory aftermarket key fob. It was only 55$ Cut key and programmed it to the truck (Ford 2017). I went to him, and it was ONLY $55.
I asked what it would have cost me if he came to me, the price would have been $110. This place is in my contacts list, in case I ever need them again!

Back