Lose $500 to save $3500

If you will, post a link to the car lot you bought your truck from. I’d like to have a look at them.

There are some excellent and some sleazy ones. I’d like to check this one out.

Route 11 Motorsports out of Central Square NY.

Their inventory seems to be a good mix of stuff. Prices aren’t too terrible. I saw worse before coming to this place.

Large dealer groups won't scam you??? Carvana can't even deliver titles!

Not that they won’t, but I feel it’s a whole different ballgame. Some bad cars slip through the cracks but for the most part the bigger groups don’t toy around with janky stuff. It goes straight to wholesale for the independents to sell.

This was an occasional problem with '80s BMWs. The fix was an in line check valve that had a 7 series p/n. I never needed one . The Borman 6 went to the crusher with its original FP

I’m toying the idea of just doing a check valve right now. I still have to crawl under and see if there is any spot I can easily install a check valve close to the pump without dropping the tank. It’s just been too cold and wet out for me to care. And with a snow storm coming later this week I really have no interest in doing it lol.

My new parts came in - delphi FP. Thinking about just cutting a hole in the bed so I don’t have to drop a tank again incase the pump goes out.

My experience with mom and pop dealerships, is you want to avoid the non-American owned ones like the plague . They’re the sleaziest of the sleazy. They mostly get either reject auction cars or cars dealerships won’t take, “fluff them up” just enough to where they’ll make it off the lot, and sell them to the unexpected seller, laughing all the way to the bank.

My experience with mom and pop dealerships, is you want to avoid the non-American owned ones like the plague . They’re the sleaziest of the sleazy. They mostly get either reject auction cars or cars dealerships won’t take, “fluff them up” just enough to where they’ll make it off the lot, and sell them to the unexpected seller, laughing all the way to the bank.

I worked for a non American(foreign) owned independent dealership. The mentality is definitely not the same. I never argued with the boss but he always tried to push cars as-is and only fix the issue if the customer mentioned it. I didn’t like that because I was the one who manned the office and any complaints come straight to me. Eventually I had customers to take it up with the owner. I always tried to push for at minimum new brakes and tires(our cost is no more than $500 tops) but obviously It’s not my money being spent so sometimes those requests fell on deaf ears.

I knew the reviews were low going into it. Figure the car can’t be *that* bad otherwise they’d be out of business. But in my defense, my last car was a from a highly rated Toyota dealer and they accepted little responsibility other than what was covered under remaining factory warranty but even then they tried to deny problems. So I take the reviews with a grain of salt. I can definitely see someone who isn’t familiar with cars getting completely shafted but folks like this. I mean the FP replacement cost by the book is like $700 plus diagnostic.

You didn't read their below average Google reviews? https://www.google.com/search?q=Rou...3i22i29i30.540j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8# Did you try looking on Ebay or Craigslist for a truck? Don't think I'd wan't something that old from the rust belt.

I looked everywhere online for a clean southern truck. Most of the local dealers that specialize in clean trucks have went under over the past two years, assuming they couldn’t find inventory and still be profitable after transport fees. There were some trucks that were rust free but they were either too old, priced too high, or the incorrect configuration.

Overall I’m still happy with my truck. Everything else checks out fine other than the fuel pump. Considering I paid $26k for my Tacoma and dealt with problems, I couldn’t complain about a $15k truck needing a $50 fuel pump. The way I see it a $19k used 2014 Ram 1500 could also have something wrong with it. Then I’d be SOL because I spent more than I wanted to.

I still wonder how it would’ve turned out if 1. I brought a Chevy and 2. Brought from somewhere else lol.

I looked everywhere online for a clean southern truck. Most of the local dealers that specialize in clean trucks have went under over the past two years, assuming they couldn’t find inventory and still be profitable after transport fees. There were some trucks that were rust free but they were either too old, priced too high, or the incorrect configuration.

Overall I’m still happy with my truck. Everything else checks out fine other than the fuel pump. Considering I paid $26k for my Tacoma and dealt with problems, I couldn’t complain about a $15k truck needing a $50 fuel pump. The way I see it a $19k used 2014 Ram 1500 could also have something wrong with it. Then I’d be SOL because I spent more than I wanted to.

I still wonder how it would’ve turned out if 1. I brought a Chevy and 2. Brought from somewhere else lol.
Anytime you buy a used vehicle you have to beware of possible forthcoming problems. I see you have a 95 Corvette. An old Corvette saying is "the cheapest Corvette you can buy is the one that you pay the most money for." With that being said sometimes you are better off spending high book price and spending more money than you wanted too. I hope your F-150 provides you with good service because they really are a good truck and the 5.0 is a great engine.

Back