Looking for something exotic (oil)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried mobil 1, all variations from 1978 on, tried Delvac, tried Amsoil 5w-30, and Amsoil 0w-30 series 2000.

Now since this interest in oil and analyising oil gets to be more of a hobby/obsession than a maintance need, I WANT TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND EXOTIC in my next oil.

Any suggestions??? Royal Purple is not exotic enough, nor is Redline. How about Motul or other suck eurotrash motor oils???? Present vehicles are 1995 Nissan Maxima v-6 95000 miles run on Mobil 1 and Amsoil since new, and 2001 Toyota Tundra V-8 run on Amsoil since new 29000 miles.

Try Lubrication Engineer's Monolec Ultra Blend #8130 10W30. (I haven't seen it go on sale at Wally World though!!)

http://www.le-inc.com/products/Eo/EO_PassengerCar.html

Or maybe you're ready to graduate to "backyard blending"!!

Take Delvac 1 and spike it with Redline which is rich with Moly and add a dash of Auto-Rx for good measure. Tell us how that DIY blend performs over time.

quote:

Originally posted by Trouthead:
Tried mobil 1, all variations from 1978 on, tried Delvac, tried Amsoil 5w-30, and Amsoil 0w-30 series 2000.

Now since this interest in oil and analyising oil gets to be more of a hobby/obsession than a maintance need, I WANT TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND EXOTIC in my next oil.

Any suggestions??? Royal Purple is not exotic enough, nor is Redline. How about Motul or other suck eurotrash motor oils???? Present vehicles are 1995 Nissan Maxima v-6 95000 miles run on Mobil 1 and Amsoil since new, and 2001 Toyota Tundra V-8 run on Amsoil since new 29000 miles.

What about AGIP....or some other oils listed on that Mercedes-Benz site....there was at least 2 dozen oils I've never heard of nor recognized.

Heck, why not try the European-made Castrol RS 10W-60 Synthetic found at the local BMW dealership for $12/qt.. This is exotic.

I changed yesterday to a 'suck eurotrash motor oil' in my 89 Mazda turbo. Motul Synergie 6100 5W40 syn. But really exotic is their 8100 Ester E-Tech 0W40. Remeber Euoropeans really know their oils as they run very hard/fast and have had extended drains for many years.

I am not sure it matters, but I meant to type "other SUCH eurotrash motor oils" considering Motul is French maybe it was a Freudian slip.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions Motul might be the easiest to find, but a weird blend has it attraction. I will post when I decide and then analyse when I do it.

I know the feeling, even if something's working, you still wonder if there's anything better out there. Is Lubro-Moly Voll-Synthese too mainstream? Germanautoparts.com carries it in 5w40. Despite the name, I seem to remember a recent oil analysis post on this board reported that it contained no moly.

Trouthead,

For wintertime in WY I'd suggest this: Synergyn 0W-20

I am currently running their 0w-20 synthetic racing oil in my 1995 Tacoma and it seems to be doing really well - their is a VOA posted for this stuff. The 3w-30 synthetic would be another option.

Made right here in the USA, in Oklahoma ...
wink.gif

TooSlick

[ May 02, 2003, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back