Looking for PF47/PF52 equivalent with no ADBV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of a cross reference to a PF47 or PF52 that has no Anti Drainback Valve? Any brand or size that will work is fine.

If you go to a Suzuki car dealer and get the OEM filter for the '04-'06 Forenza, it will be a PF47 equivalent without the ADBV. (It is made for the Australian GM 4 cylinder engine.)

In Wix for that Suzuki it has no bypass valve ..but has an ADBV
dunno.gif

"Use a Fram. They have an ADBV, it just doesn't work."

lol.gif

Not only that it works as a bypass.
crushedcar.gif

I believe the old AC PF40 is also similar to the PF47 but without ADBV. Somebody might still have one of those in stock somewhere.

My Chevy 3.1L engine has the filter mounted with the threads pointed up. Theres no way the oil can drain back. The ADBV has to have some resistance to oil flow, the oil has to push it out of the way. I just want to try a filter without the ADBV to see if I can get quieter starts. My first 15-20 seconds after start up are silent, chevy's and there internal bypass I guess. After that time passes I get some ticking for about 45 seconds and then silence again. It seems that after the internal bypass opens there is restricted oil flow through the filter up through the engine. I also get this right away on hot starts when the internal bypass is not on.

Read up on this forum. An ADBV still has an advantage for a vertical filter. It prevents the oil from draining from the oil passages after the filter. Your noise could actually be from a bad ADBV. Also an ADBV will not restrict flow or cause it to take longer to build oil pressure because the pump is a poisitive displacement pump. By a good filter WITH an ADBV and you'll be much better off.

PS. 3.1s are known for a top engine tick at startup. I've noticed that it gets louder with some filters,(like Fram) but it's quite common. I don't know of any that have been damaged by this noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back