Looking for a good tire dressing

You will probably have a hard time finding what you are ideally looking for, I know this doesn't help the search but the longest lasting products are silicone, and petroleum based, they typically sling, and are pretty 'wet' looking.

The more matte products tend to be water based, they do not last (relatively) very long, are known to not sling, and are water soluble so even a little water will noticeably effect them.

You are basically looking for the best qualities of both, and nothing wrong with that but typically it's one or the other, you will most likely have a good bit of difficulty finding something that meets all 3 criteria's (just wanting to be honest with you).

If you don't mind a week of durability (with no rain) water based is your best bet, if you don't mind a little shine than silicone, or petroleum is your best bet as long as you wipe it down every well to reduce the chance if sling/overall gloss.

Typically the spray-on products will give a very shiny, wet look, and sling off.

For an off-the-shelf consumer product, try Meguiar’s Endurance Tire Gel, and apply with a cloth or microfiber applicator pad, which will prevent over-application and too much shine.

Ive found that it lasts pretty well.

1619272013010.jpg
Try this on your tires , it`s real tasty. :ROFLMAO:

I still like optibond tire dressing. Apply with a small paint brush on aggressive tires,let soak in. Wipe dry then go, never had a problem with sling. Great look and priced right. Nothing has really looked great for long and I've tried a ton of them..

Tire shine reminds me of slimy used car dealers trying to jazz up some old bucket.

I prefer nothing. If I live in AZ or FLA maybe I might want some UV protectant - but nothing for "looks"

in canada at Canadian Tire they have a foaming tire sauce that works well, not greasy and once its drained off the tire just wipe it down so it doesn't sling.
also I just used auto obsessed spray stuff and its nice.

Tire shine reminds me of slimy used car dealers trying to jazz up some old bucket.

I prefer nothing. If I live in AZ or FLA maybe I might want some UV protectant - but nothing for "looks"

The low shine stuff is the way to go. With nothing your tires always end up brown

Typically the spray-on products will give a very shiny, wet look, and sling off.

For an off-the-shelf consumer product, try Meguiar’s Endurance Tire Gel, and apply with a cloth or microfiber applicator pad, which will prevent over-application and too much shine.

Ive found that it lasts pretty well.

I have noticed with any of these products that if I apply them late afternoon early evening and then not drive the vehicle until the next day, there is a lot less slinging and I’m assuming it’s because the rubber in the tires has absorbed more of the product.

I like the Adams stuff, seems to last a long time so a bottle lasts a while. Doesn't dry glossy.

I've been liking Adams VRT quite a lot.

Could anyone describe to me, a VRT user, what I could expect from PERL as a direct comparison from someone who has used both? At the time I switched to/chose VRT, PERL was the other product on my shortlist but there was none available at the time so I just went with VRT. Curious what I should do when this VRT runs out.

Back