Looking for a good tire dressing

I'm looking for one that doesn't sling off of the tires, has a matte finish, and lasts a long time. I was using Stoner's More Shine (the name is misleading because it's not shiny), and while it meets my other two criteria, it doesn't last very long. Any suggestions?

I use Meguiar's Hot Shine tire coating. It will stay on the tire for quire along time. The only thing is that it gives the tire a wet look. I'm sure that if you spray it on the tire, then wipe off the excess, that it will give you the matte finish you are looking for. I've played around with tire dressings for a while and this is the best I've come across in a long time.

If you're looking for longevity, look for petroleum based tire dressings. The one that I think checks all your boxes is the Mothers Back to Black. It is my favorite. A close second that gives almost the same look but doesn't last as long is Meguiar's Hyper Dressing. The Meg's is water based.

Tire dressing?
1617900449800.png

I ordered Duragloss 254. Half gallon jug for $25 with tax from Amazon. Excellent reviews, leaves a satin finish, and it can be layered to achieve a glossy look if desired. I like their waxes/polishes, so I thought why not try their tire dressing...

Yeah I'd say CarPro PERL is up there with the best. I'm trying Gyeon Q2 Tire right now which dries and lasts a long time but the coverage tends to be inconsistent. The other nice thing about PERL is with all the dilution ratios it has a ton of uses.

My favorite is Poorboys bold and bright. You can cut it with water to get the right look. I personally use one part of the product with 3 to 4 parts water. It lasts well and a gallon will last years if you cut it.

I don't like a high shine dressing. I've been using Griots Black Satin Tire spray, Chemical Guys VRP is ok too, but more shine. You can knock the shine down a bit too by wiping with a microfiber etc when its still drying...

I'm looking for one that doesn't sling off of the tires, has a matte finish, and lasts a long time. I was using Stoner's More Shine (the name is misleading because it's not shiny), and while it meets my other two criteria, it doesn't last very long. Any suggestions?
I also like a matte finish.
Have had good luck recently with 303.
I go nuts with the stuff. Outdoor furniture, kayak, garden hose, bird feeders you name it. If the sun hits it I blast with 303.

2nd here for poor boys bold n bright.
adams vrt is great too, but pricey.
I have adams tire shine also, but it’s a little greasy looking. I prefer the bold n bright. One of the best I’ve used.
stick with something water based, however like mentioned they don’t last as long.

I think you might like the B&B. I find it more durable than other water based dressings.

I also like a matte finish.
Have had good luck recently with 303.
I go nuts with the stuff. Outdoor furniture, kayak, garden hose, bird feeders you name it. If the sun hits it I blast with 303.
How do the birds like the taste of the 303? 😆

I have been using meguire Endurance High Gloss for a couple of years and been impressed so much, I staterd using it on other exterior plastic trim

Very happy with the results

Back