Looking for a 3" non-reusable cone filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out what would be the best cone filter in this case. I don't want a K&N or anything oilable/reusable because I am just not impressed by their filtration capabilities.

I need a 3" cone filter with a good quality paper/synthetic element, preferably something with a mesh screen or something over the filter media to prevent the filter from being damaged.

Anyone got any ideas on this? I've searched the web with all kinds of keywords but have had very little results.

AEM 21-203DK 3" Inlet x 5" Element Dryflow Air Filter

http://www.amazon.com/AEM-21-203DK-Element-Dryflow-Filter/dp/B000N253HA/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1342040736&sr=1-2&keywords=3%22+cone+filter

thanks, but that's more like a k&n and the need of a pre-filter is sort of a red flag for me.

Some bought filter wrap for AEM dry-flow filter, but nowhere does it say filter wrap(pre-filter) is needed.

The other dry-flow filter with good reputation is AFE.

You might go to a couple parts stores and look through the technical information sections of their filter catalogs. They sometimes used to show different shapes of filters, or at least their dimensions, and you could work off that.

Originally Posted By: hal
thanks, but that's more like a k&n and the need of a pre-filter is sort of a red flag for me.

Not like a K&N at all, other than being red. It starts off with a 99.6 efficiency and gets better from there as it loads up. The AEM dry media is one of the best & most efficient around. The wrap is an option, not a need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back