Looking at noise canceling headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to buy some noise canceling headphone soon. I am currently looking at these Sennheiser PXC 350 headphones. They were rated #1 at toptenreviews.com. They have been on the market for a couple years now so the price isn't too steep relative to their performance reviews. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Charlie, I just purchased a pair of Sendheiser noise canceling headphones about a month ago, and I love them!!! I can't remember the model # right off hand, but the price was around $85. Excellent sound, deep bass, liquid mids, and extended, but not "bright" or etched highs. They are very isolating, and extremely comfortable. I would reccomend them highly!
01.gif

So you are looking for around-the-ear design. I've had good luck with Sennheiser headphones (own a pair of HD280 Pro for studio and live work).

PXC 350 have good range, low distortion, good sound pressure level. I could not find frequency histogram, so I do not know how they would color the sound. 280 pros are very flat and even, so they are great for reference work.

If you use PXC 350 for travel, you will not like their bulk, that's the reason I decided to leave my 280s (also foldable, like PXC 350) at home and switched to in-the-ear headphones for airplanes (I travel a lot for work).

I ended up getting this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015BYKGI/ref=oss_product

I've used different AT products before, and these headphones were as good as any AT gear.

Very comfortable, very good sound cancellation, 3 sizes of silicone ear adapters. Takes up very little room in my carry-own bag/coat pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back