Looking at a new mower

I have a toro super recycler with the TXP motor. Purchased new in 2013 Mulches greater, have only ever changed the oil and air filter, sharpened the blade and greased the wheels.

Has plenty of power unless you get into some really tall wet stuff but if you take it slow, it'll work fine. I have no complaints.

I got a 2007 Lawn boy / Toro personal pace i got gave to me has a Honda gcv160 and it absolutely mulches the best of any mower i have seen or owned and the personal pace is awesome.
Once you try a mower with personal pace you wont go back to anything else so i recommend a RWD Toro personal pace.
cd09ab961aca54e8b244547609393cc7.jpg

I ended up going with the SR with the Honda engine. I considered the Honda, but it is a bit bulkier and it’s big money. I think I’ll be happy with this choice versus the “standard” Briggs engine.
Great choice. I have an SR with the Honda engine, and it’s a superb machine. The mower is so well balanced and nimble, and the mulching ability is top notch. A pleasure to use, and the cast aluminum deck should last a long time.

I used to have a Husqvarna HU700H with the GCV160. Excellent mower but the drive is weak and needs many repairs every two seasons at least. I loved the mower and especially side discharge, but I finally traded it for a new HRX217VKA with the new GCV200 wish they would make a side discharge, but most don't anymore. Especially not Honda. Let's see how that works out ...

Back