Lookin for a break action .22lr...

I'm honestly not even sure who makes them any more.. I'd look for a used New England Arms or something along those lines. There is a lot more availability of single shot bolt actions. Look for a Crickett or Rascal if its for a small child and Savage makes nice single shot bolt action .22's for adults. I've got a smoothbore one.

Savage 42. It is an 22lr over 410. I have an older savage 22lr over 410 from whatever model they had that had all sorts chamberings. Love it.

I would also like to find a break action 22lr mor my kids but looks like the 42 is the only option and isn’t available many places.

That was my thought, the Badger. I almost bought one when I saw it. I have no need for it, it just seemed one of those impulse purchases that I have to make sure to not give into.

Not sure what the goal is, maybe a simple easy gun for someone to teach with? Some of the bolt actions can be used that way, load one at a time. For several years my favorite 22 rifle (which was also my only rifle) didn't have a magazine, so I shot it as a single shot. IMO it didn't slow me down one bit, I mean, if you take into account the effort to reload its 7 shot magazine (finally found one) it might even shoot faster as a single shot with loose cartridges... if one was just after speed.

Do you just want a small ultra light 22? Could look at that weird chiappa, the ar7 takedown, or the cricket riffle. All still plenty accurate as i bought a youth cricket for 59 bucks at Walmart on sale years ago and i hit every shot on the can out to 50-60 yards with stock irons. Ended up giving it to a friend to give to his kid.

I've got a break 30-30...and about everything else but I like my 30-30 the best...emotional..not logical. I would like one just to use subsonic rounds for garden varmets and such as the neighborhood is getting tight..I know...could just use the bolt action...but the gun and quiet ammo would seem like a pellet gun to the uninformed, encroaching population.

Thanks for the reply's!

but the gun and quiet ammo would seem like a pellet gun to the uninformed, encroaching population.
Any thoughts on just getting a high powered .22 pellet gun? I had a .177 Crosman pumpmaster 760 about 35 years ago, so I do like air rifles for their simplicity.
But pumping is harder then just loading a .22lr.

I've got a matched pair .22/12Ga (we only got the .410 with the .22WMR in Oz)...really like it, and it's very popular at the range...we had a single shot competition, and those with Lithgow and Winchester single shot bolts were quite envious of the Rossi.

Any thoughts on just getting a high powered .22 pellet gun? I had a .177 Crosman pumpmaster 760 about 35 years ago, so I do like air rifles for their simplicity.
But pumping is harder then just loading a .22lr.
Got a Beeman..sic?...22 and use those funky plastic pointy pellets. Big muskrat took about 10 min to expire with the pellet. Took one with a subsonic load and well...no comparasin.

I developed my own .22 rimfire wild cat. People who have tried it love it for urban plinking.
Put a .22 air gun pellet in the breach and a starter pistol blank behind.
Far more power than an air gun and very little noise.
Clean the barrel before using regular .22 ammo to remove any lead that might be left behind from the pellets.
I haven't tried a nail gun blank yet.

I developed my own .22 rimfire wild cat. People who have tried it love it for urban plinking.
Put a .22 air gun pellet in the breach and a starter pistol blank behind.
Far more power than an air gun and very little noise.
Clean the barrel before using regular .22 ammo to remove any lead that might be left behind from the pellets.
I haven't tried a nail gun blank yet.
Ooohhh.....I've seen guys use ramset power cartridges and make scorching velocitieis if the skirt holds...that's a great idea.

Ooohhh.....I've seen guys use ramset power cartridges and make scorching velocitieis if the skirt holds...that's a great idea.
The skirt doesn't hold with cheap lead pellets, that's why you have to clean the barrel before using regular .22 ammo.
Search lead free copper and polymer pellets.

I've got a break 30-30...and about everything else but I like my 30-30 the best...emotional..not logical. I would like one just to use subsonic rounds for garden varmets and such as the neighborhood is getting tight..I know...could just use the bolt action...but the gun and quiet ammo would seem like a pellet gun to the uninformed, encroaching population.

Thanks for the reply's!
good pellet gun will dispatch rabbits. I have a gamo .177 and it will do the job that you require from a 22

Back