Longer version of the TG10060?

There used to be. It was the TG10575. However about a year ago Fram increased the bypass pressure in it to make it match the required bypass pressure on the Gen 5 V-8s. It’s no longer suitable for your 2008.

Some may argue it makes no difference, but you can draw your own conclusion. Search 10060 and 10575 in the search function for more info. :)

Thanks, but I used to run the XG10575 in my 6.0 Chevy until they revised the bypass pressure in it. Again, some don’t think it’s a big deal and still do it.
I'm wondering if the bypass pressure on the XG10575 was bumped up to cover the Ford applications that use the Motorcraft FL500S, which has a pretty high bypass setting.

I'm wondering if the bypass pressure on the XG10575 was bumped up to cover the Ford applications that use the Motorcraft FL500S, which has a pretty high bypass setting.
Lil’ off topic but we use the Auto Extra 57502 at work. Dunno what it crosses to

I like the XG10060-even if the bypass is too high, the Ultra has shown it can handle a lot of buildup without excessive delta-p. The LS engines do seem to launch a fair amount of crud, and a high bypass filter could cut down on oil flow with a worn oil pump (like my Express has).

I like the XG10060-even if the bypass is too high, the Ultra has shown it can handle a lot of buildup without excessive delta-p. The LS engines do seem to launch a fair amount of crud, and a high bypass filter could cut down on oil flow with a worn oil pump (like my Express has).
Bullwinkle, didn’t you mean the 10575 is the one that is too high? It’s the one where Fram raised the bypass pressure.

Perhaps, but it was also the change in the oiling systems of the Gen 5 Chevy engines in 2014. The Gen 5’s included the 5.3 and 6.2 engines and they got filters with higher by pass pressures. The 6.0 remained a Gen 4 engine and so a 10060 was still suitable.

The new XG10575 has the higher PRV setting …
always found the extra length never went past the oil pan so why not …

FL500S size filters will fit-but watch your bypass pressure on a newer GM application, it may not be high enough. oilfilter-crossreference.com
My son has a 2009 Jeep GC with the 3.7L and this is the filter we picked. It was ~$5 at WM. We took one off and it looked good. I cut it open but didn't take pictures to post. It seemed like a good filter.

We looked at the Super Tech 10060 and the Fram 10060 and couldn't believe the size difference from the FL500S. The ST was ~$3 but he said I don't think $2 is worth that. It also looked like the ST did not have an ADBV.

Just my $0.02

Back