Long way from the cell tower?

we are on metro and they use T mobils service
I was on Mint owned by T Mobile and it would just not work even tho their map showed I have 5G. I went to Cricket owned by AT&T from the same tower have 5G.
One thing you might try is calling them and asking if they can register you to a different tower. They did that twice for me and it worked for a short time.

They may be able to manually push you to a different tower, but that's a temporary change that will expire after a short time period.
So that answers the question. It only worked for a short time. Also I'm thinking these towers go down more often than we realize.

I have this, and is solves the issue 100%. Without it, sometimes 1 bar 4g, with it, 4-5 bar 5g.

@Chris142
Are there any other booster systems that work that are cheaper? Also in the last couple of days AT&T had major outages all over the country. It affected calls to other carriers and vice versa.

I dont see how that would effect my cell phone though
If the cell network is tuning into live video broadcast it slows down things or ends up making you deprioritized dependent on your specific plan.

When events occur at local nearby town park or a power outage happens on my basic aka cheap Verizon plan my data barely works at home.

Overall you will experience better signal and longer range with LTE Vs 5g cell coverage especially in more rural areas and outside of cities.
In our coastal area I previously posted my iPhone 13 and T-Mobile service would suffer in some areas by trying to make use of a weak 5g signal instead of using the LTE signal. Sometimes inside of stores it got unusable and traveling in rural areas would at times too. SO I turned off 5g on my cell and selected LTE only. I think it improved but shortly after I dropped T-Mobile anyway so did not have a long term test.
I can confirm (and someone else in here backed me up with the same experience or similar) My new service with Verizon through US Mobile works better in rural areas when going inside of stores. Need more time to confirm but Im pretty sure there is no doubt in my mind being able to use my phone in stores that I couldnt before.

The new service shows a weak LTE signal with Verizon that works vs T-Moible at the time trying to use 5g and would not work inside a few stores. They all use the same towers in most places around here.
Anyway, if you are one to have issues with your phone connecting at times (in less populated areas), you may want to try setting your phone to LTE only and see if it improves. Nothing to lose trying it if your in a fringe area your phone wont "fight" itself trying to use a weak 5g signal and use the reliable LTE instead. (my personal opinion/ limited experience trying it)

"Rolling out new networks take time. The fact 5G isn’t quite as good at performing over long distances also means LTE will hold out a bit longer until innovations in 5G bring better parity here."

This is HIGHLY carrier dependent.

Some carriers bid for better spectrums and therefore can penetrate barriers like buildings better. TMo used to have a lot of problem for indoor receptions until they get some AWS band (that was in the late 2000s early 2010s), and now the former 700MHz TV FM bands are refarmed into cellular it really helps with building penetrations.

What each carrier use for 5G vs LTE are really dependents and will change over time. Most carriers can't LOCK you into one particular tower and if they do, it may cause you problem elsewhere when you move out of your tower's coverage. Just switch carriers (or get a newer phone with newer bands supported) if you have bad reception is what I would recommend. This is why I would always pick a newer iPhone SE over an older top of the line iPhone Pro: the new one has more recent radio support.

Doubtful. All installation, radios, equipment, etc are carrier grade and are very reliable.
Most problems are either line of sight or they cannot build new towers because of NIMBY or other politics (it cause cancer...... or headache ..... or ringing in my head ..... or looks ugly, etc). Obviously you can't reason with people like that and you just have to let them deal with bad receptions.

Are there any other booster systems that work that are cheaper? Also in the last couple of days AT&T had major outages all over the country. It affected calls to other carriers and vice versa.
Not that I know of. This system is not a normal booster, in the sense that the typical cheap "booster" just brings the signal that is outside, into a building....those are much cheaper.

This booster that I listed, and have had in constant operation for several years now, actually "amplifies and clears" the signal by 100db. Anyone who knows anything about comms will tell you that is a night and day difference.

This is HIGHLY carrier dependent.

Some carriers bid for better spectrums and therefore can penetrate barriers like buildings better. TMo used to have a lot of problem for indoor receptions until they get some AWS band (that was in the late 2000s early 2010s), and now the former 700MHz TV FM bands are refarmed into cellular it really helps with building penetrations.

What each carrier use for 5G vs LTE are really dependents and will change over time. Most carriers can't LOCK you into one particular tower and if they do, it may cause you problem elsewhere when you move out of your tower's coverage. Just switch carriers (or get a newer phone with newer bands supported) if you have bad reception is what I would recommend. This is why I would always pick a newer iPhone SE over an older top of the line iPhone Pro: the new one has more recent radio support.
You live in Silicon Valley, a developed area. We live in Coastal Communities of NC and SC in the most rapidly developing area of the USA. (just explaining)
T-Mobile can not penetrate into many stores here (Walmart, HD Lowes, FOOD LION, as another also described. It seems Verizons use of LTE is doing better for us so far. It seems T-Mobile is trying to make use of a weak 5g signal and its not working inside some of the mentioned places.

Not sure of your statement on towers. Towers are built and mostly leased to the cell providers in most cases for the providers to have their equipment installed. Around here they all use the same towers. At some point the companies will catch up to the massive influx of people but LTE is being more reliable at the moment UNLESS you are within 2 straight line miles from the tower. Our phones are iPhone 13s as posted

Back