Logitech MX310 optical mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this optical mouse after using a ball mouse for so long!
shocked.gif

It's great, build quality is superb, the wheel feels really solid and smooth. has 6 buttons that you can program to do almost anything, but the default setting is fine for me. I love the 2 little buttons on the side which operates the back/forward function of your browser, and you can switch btw active windows with the small button below the wheel, too. it is very customizable, without being too gimmicky.

the best thing is, I got it at Staples for $14.95. Even at Newegg, it's $25.95
Logitech MX310 (newegg)

Sigh...............

our grandkids will likely never know the wonders of poking around mouse balls. Holding them in our hand, picking the lint off the little mouse balls.

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
...nor will they know the joys of owning a IBM PCjr.

Oh yes. I had 3 of them at one time. I used to upgrade memory side cars to 500K. I still have a tube of memory controllers for the upgrade.

I still use a ball mouse to this day at home. For some reason we haven't had problems with our HP mice. My new compaq has a ball mouse and it works fine. I bought an optical mouse a while back(needed to use a gift card) and it won't work on my desk.

For fun though I picked up one of these:
 -

Works as an optical mouse as well as a gyroscopic mouse. Kind of fun, but not the precision I need for work.(CAD)

MX510 works great for me, and I only paid around $25. MX1000 is a better choice right now, if you find it at a good price, but I still prefer wired mice.

I have the MX1000 at my desk. A WONDERFUL laser mouse! Best I've used, hands down. (no pun intended)

There's more technlogy in that mouse than my PCjr! LOL

quote:

Originally posted by The Critic:
but I still prefer wired mice.

Ditto, i've tried many different kinds and always go back to wired. It use to be that way because i was an avid gamer, but now i just prefer wired mice because they're lighter and easier to move.

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
I have the MX1000 at my desk. A WONDERFUL laser mouse! Best I've used, hands down.

I bought one for my dad a year and a half ago. He seems to be happy with it. I like it too, although it's a bit bulky. Personally, for accuracy I still prefer a wired mouse and don't see anything out there right now that I would be willing to trade my Intellimouse Explorer for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back