LMC Truck

burbguy82

$100 site donor 2024
Does anyone have any experience with LMC truck. Wanting to replace my grill on my 1999 GMT400, maybe some nice headlights....

Long Motor Corp owned Victoria British which was one of the major supplier for vintage British cars and Miatas, and of the Big 3 Britcar suppliers, they were at the bottom as far as quality. Sometimes they were the only supplier of a certain part, but I considered them the last resort.

LMC sold VB to one of the other majors, and maybe they are better on the domestic market, but I would be careful.

After searching their catalog for basics like alternators, starters and brake parts, I realized their offerings are a patchy hodgepodge.
The occasional window regulator or hood release cable comes up....but they're never for my year vehicle.
Honestly, that they don't offer the selection of blank repair panel segments (for rust repairs) is a big turn-off.

Ahh...but the artsy grilles and such were there. You can buy cheap versions of that stuff real easily.

I think they're legit too, but the selection is incomplete to the point of being 'token'.

If there are any other vendors, I would be interested to know aswell. Looking for a close to OEM grill. 99 K2500 GMT Suburban

89 K5 blazer. For this vehicle there's not a lot of selection out there, but some of their stuff is okay and some is garbage. The interior door panels I bought were expensive and garbage. Color was off and the bolt holes did not fit. People have talked really bad about their replacement dash pads and that sort of thing. I see them as the last alternative. It's all made in China and suspect and generally crappy. Also lots of criticism of the body panels that they sell. Consider yourself warned. Also the people that answer the phone there have no idea about anything. They are just low paid customer service reps who answer the phone. They do not know a single thing about any vehicle.

I've used them for my 1978 K5, good for exterior trim pieces and other do-dads, not so much for interior color match and fit as previously stated. Also the UI on their website stinks.

Back