LL-01 0w-30 recommendation

Well technically you were promoting your Amsoil dealership in this and other threads. You are not the site sponsor. Ok to share and discuss, no ZO links, no self promoting.
I did and i am now aware of the sponsorship needed to post and advertise by an admin. The screenshot was from the Amsoil website for information. Just out of curiosity is that the same oil you would have recommended?

Last edited:
I did and i am now aware of the sponsorship needed to post and advertise by an admin. The screenshot was from the Amsoil website for information. Just out of curiosity is that the same oil you would have recommended?
Actually Amsoil says "No recommendations available". I believe they do this because the BMW specified viscosity is 0W-30 and Amsoil does not claim AZ0 is LL-01. Will 0W-40 cause harm? Probably not.

Actually Amsoil says "No recommendations available". I believe they do this because the BMW specified viscosity is 0W-30 and Amsoil does not claim AZ0 is LL-01. Will 0W-40 cause harm? Probably not.
The screenshot from Amsoil's site list BMW LL-01.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210623-195342_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210623-195342_Chrome.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 30
Yes for EFO 0W-40. So?

"Amsoil does not claim AZ0 is LL-01. Will 0W-40 cause harm? Probably not."

I was just trying to clarify that they do list EFO 0w40 as engineered for any vehicle requiring BMW LL-01. You said they do not claim it but according to their website they do.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210623-195342_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210623-195342_Chrome.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 13
"Amsoil does not claim AZ0 is LL-01. Will 0W-40 cause harm? Probably not."

I was just trying to clarify that they do list EFO 0w40 as engineered for any vehicle requiring BMW LL-01. You said they do not claim it but according to their website they do.
Applications are not approvals. 0w40 is no longer ll01

Below is the original post. Where does it say meets spec? The OP asked "What other oils are available that are LL-01 or LL-01FE rated as an 0w-30?" I offered a possible solution to his question and presented an oil that meets or exceeds listed specs. I never said it met the requested specs. I simply screenshoted the information off the Amsoil site for the OP to review. I thought that is what the forum was for? Sharing information and interest. So, go troll someone else

Hi All,

Coming up on an oil change in my BMW 335i F30. Currently running Castrol 5w-40 A3/B4 and would like something thinner for winter cold starts and improving engine efficiency. It looks like this engine (N55) can use BMW's LL-01FE spec oils which is a 0w-30. What other oils are available that are LL-01 or LL-01FE rated as an 0w-30? For my BMW my search would be for the cheapest LL-01 0w-30 I can find.

Looks like Castrol 0w-30 A3/B4 available at Walmart is no longer LL-01 rated... bummer.

Thanks!
Nice that you go right to the troll accusation but that isn’t surprising. You’ve been posting information here that is either incorrect or shows a gross misunderstanding.

Now you’re just making stuff up.

And you can't name anything.
You have no understanding of basic oil performance properties and post inaccurate information that you then delete when it’s pointed out. You don’t understand what an approval is as opposed to a “spec” or license. You demean those who correct you calling them a troll, and you change your story after saying a product (that you are tying to sell) “meets spec”.

Is that enough? At least one of your whoppers was quoted by someone else before you deleted it.

It would do you a lot of good at this point to just stop making silly statements. You're only hurting any chance of ever promoting the sales of your product by continuing to display ignorance.

Stop, learn some basics about motor oil, and then try and sell that product that you're supposed to know.

Back