Lithium Grease

I got a deal at the local bike shop on the 50% off table. Bell Ray Lithium Grease. I got 3 tubes for this bargain and have been using the first tube on pretty much everything, Its been great and worked like a champ ! NOW: my concern. Here in Indiana its been pretty chilly the past week in the 40's. After a weekend ride on my Polaris Ranger (mudding/playing) I cleaned up my machine and grabbed my grease gun. I noticed the pump action was very very tight.. The grease was obviously cold but i was amazed at how difficult it was to pump ! I dont recall regular (cant think of the name) black grease ive been using ever being that difficult.. is this common ? I was told that the Lithium was far superior to the standard grease that i had been using, but after this incident im a little concerned. (this stuff is red in colour) your thoughts ?

Last edited:
Lithium is your run of the mill grease i can't see it being better then what you were using but if you really want to know we need spec sheets on both products to compare.

OtisBlkR1

sounds like a headache.. i dont have any of the old stuff anymore, pretty sure it was Valvoline in a silver tube.. not 100% The Bell Ray grease is in a white tube (looks generic) im assuming it was overflow from the shop shelves.. in small black print it says Bell-Ray, nothing flashy.. Oh well, this is'nt the end of the world..