Liqui Moly resealer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been to the local auto parts store as both me and the old man are doing oil changes on our cars tomorrow.
He has 2 mitsubishis, both with the 3.5 v6. Both have the famous smoking and oil consumption issues but one recently had a complete overhaul, the other still drinks oil and smokes big time
This is because of the valve stem seals that they use which don't last very long.

He was looking at additives and I recommended the liqui moly brand so he gave this stuff a try in the engine that's still smokey
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-...rom=60401#Cross

Has anyone used this product and does it work?

I ask this because I might add some to my engine with the new oil, my car doesn't use much oil and doesn't smoke but I noticed in a cold start video I did there was a small plume of blue smoke coming out my tailpipe for the first second or two.
I figured my valve seals won't be in the best of condition after 14 years anyway so is it worth a try?

Originally Posted By: toyota62
Hi Mate.
This stuff has stopped my rear main leak in my old camry.
Cheers.
Bob.

Okay sweet, do the effects go away after a few OCIs without adding it or are they long term ie. a couple of years before it wears off

Motor Oil Saver is ester-based and is a high end additive. If the seal is already worn, depending on what material it is, it can help stop leaks. You might want to consider using it long term, however, if you do not plan on replacing the seal - i.e. a can every oil change. It's not that expensive, and depending on the age of the car and how difficult the seal is to replace, it might be worth while.

^^^YES, I was surprised at how inexpensive this product is, considering it has a high ester content, which usually deems a very high cost.
smile.gif

(It's even less for me at NAPA with my AAA 10% discount (under $5.00 USD for the 300ml can!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back