Liqui-Moly MoS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using 100ml per three qts of mos2 in PUP 5w30 with mileage of 40+ mpg on 12' Hyundai Accent with E 0 gas. I have nothing bad to say about Mos2. It has quieted the engine and the is idle uber smooth. Even if it was placebo, 100ml is far from throwing off the 3qts of PUP. It does work for my application; though each person's results shall vary.

I recently ran a full can of MOS2 with QSUD 5w30 for an 8500 mile OCI.

My hopes:
-quiet down the classic Subaru piston slap and tick that my engine has always had.
-improve MPG
-have good UOA

My observations:
-noise levels were about the same
-MPG was higher, but not enough to to make definite claims based on a single OCI. e.g.- My normal MPG for a long interstate trip I make at least yearly is 26.5 to 28, this year it was 29 -32.
-didn't grab a UOA due to quick oil change as a storm rolled in.

Would I use it again? Yes. Did I this time? No, because I have to order it online and didn't remember to have it on hand.

Just quick update. Added Liqui moly gear oil aditive with mos2 to
Gearbox during last oci.
Still not enough time for full effect (around 20 days), but gear change is smoother. No problem with differential,no slipping or pulling on either side.

I added 1/3 can MoS2 to S2000(5.2 qt oil) and 2/3 can to E430(8.5 qt oil). Both engines seems to run quieter and MPG increase by about 0.5-1.0 MPG for both car.

$6 a bottle for 2 cars isn't bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back