Liqui-Moly MoS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropped half of a 300mL can into the Pontiac.

Incessant cold-start clacking has disappeared. No motor oil has before affected that clacking. Also, runs smoother and revs happier.

Will keep an eye on fuel consumption
thumbsup2.gif

It will take about 800 miles before you get the full effect. Agreed this is the one of two additives that I too would use.

1. Liqui-Moly MoS2 / CERA TEC for engine
2. SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner for fuel tank
3. Distilled water for radiator reservoir

Nice.

If you don't mind updating this thread as you put miles on.
In my experience with mos2 it requires time/miles to thoroughly plate the engines moving parts. In my experience it takes at least 300 miles before I noticed any fuel economy changes.

I am a sensible person and when it comes to money I am not one to buy something a second time if I saw no results using it the first time.
Mos2 consistently increases mileage in every engine larger than 4 cylinders I have used it in.
All of them.
It pays for itself in fuel savings,exponentially as a matter of fact,in the engines I have used it in.
The charger picked up a couple mpg,repeatably,and since not using it in this last oil change I've lost a couple mpg on the highway.
My commute is flat,straight highway right to my job site. Wind will affect my mpg too and I will notice the change in mpg whether I've got a head or tailwind.
My higher mileage vehicles seem to gain mpg more significantly then when used in a lower mile engine.
I've also seen with my own eyes 2 lawnmowers,2 5.4 2v ford engines and a chev 5.7 stop burning oil visibly via the exhaust.
People can say whatever they like. My experiences with the product have all been positive,and I've seen with my own eyes an engine that used mos2 for 100000kms and the engine was spotless inside.
It was a 4.6 2v from my mustang. I still have the cams sitting on a shelf in my garage,right next to an old set of Harley cams.
The 2v cams don't even so much as have a hint of rust or oxidation on them yet the Harley cams sitting right beside have some light corrosion.
And the mos2 treated cams still feel slick to the touch,almost like they are wet or something,the others don't feel like that.
And when I drag my fingernail across the mos2 treated cams it doesn't catch even though there is a visible wear scar I can't feel any ridge with my nail.
Oh. And the 2v cams have 300000kms on them.
So I'm sold. 8 bucks a can for mos2. I save that in fuel by the second tank.

Everyone knows it is snake oil...
grin.gif
Trolling.gif
On a serious note, I'm glad it worked for you. I have heard good things but never have used it myself

Originally Posted By: SnowDrifter
There are 2 additives I only ever use. Ever.

This is one of them.

This is interesting, what concerns you about it?

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Nice.

If you don't mind updating this thread as you put miles on.
In my experience with mos2 it requires time/miles to thoroughly plate the engines moving parts. In my experience it takes at least 300 miles before I noticed any fuel economy changes.

I am a sensible person and when it comes to money I am not one to buy something a second time if I saw no results using it the first time.
Mos2 consistently increases mileage in every engine larger than 4 cylinders I have used it in.
All of them.
It pays for itself in fuel savings,exponentially as a matter of fact,in the engines I have used it in.
The charger picked up a couple mpg,repeatably,and since not using it in this last oil change I've lost a couple mpg on the highway.
My commute is flat,straight highway right to my job site. Wind will affect my mpg too and I will notice the change in mpg whether I've got a head or tailwind.
My higher mileage vehicles seem to gain mpg more significantly then when used in a lower mile engine.
I've also seen with my own eyes 2 lawnmowers,2 5.4 2v ford engines and a chev 5.7 stop burning oil visibly via the exhaust.
People can say whatever they like. My experiences with the product have all been positive,and I've seen with my own eyes an engine that used mos2 for 100000kms and the engine was spotless inside.
It was a 4.6 2v from my mustang. I still have the cams sitting on a shelf in my garage,right next to an old set of Harley cams.
The 2v cams don't even so much as have a hint of rust or oxidation on them yet the Harley cams sitting right beside have some light corrosion.
And the mos2 treated cams still feel slick to the touch,almost like they are wet or something,the others don't feel like that.
And when I drag my fingernail across the mos2 treated cams it doesn't catch even though there is a visible wear scar I can't feel any ridge with my nail.
Oh. And the 2v cams have 300000kms on them.
So I'm sold. 8 bucks a can for mos2. I save that in fuel by the second tank.

Thanks again for posting your experience with the product. Can't lie, it's the testimonials that urged me to try it again. I used to use MolySlip MoS2 branded colloidal moly, which is a local product, but was oddly 5 dollar more expensive than the Liqui-Moly. Maybe it' a higher concentration?

Wanting to split the can for two engines, each one was slightly underdosed. The oil did not change colour to grey as I expected, and how it has with the MolySlip. Smaller particles?

But yeah I'll keep you posted as the miles progress
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Clevy

People demands pictures!
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SnowDrifter
There are 2 additives I only ever use. Ever.

This is one of them.

SnowDrifter, I'm just curious. What's the other one you'd use?

I followed this topic very carefully.
Just want to say few things on mater of using mos2 in older engine.
I have Ford Mondeo mk3 2.0L tdci 2003 (diesel,euro-market car) with 247000km on dash.
On my last oil change used LM MoS2 with LM Toptec 4100 5w-40 (2 cans of moly with little less then 6 liters of oil). My friend, mechanic had interesting reaction on additive. He asked me why I want to use when my engine is OK and have good compression. When I had explained to him that because my driving stile (90% city driving and short stops) want to protect engine to max extent. He used LM oil with added mos2 before and knew what to expect. To be honest most people are afraid of color of the stuff. He also use different Liqui moly product regularly during his work, and recommends them as quality products.

Now about the effect of the mos2 for about year after:
Car is less noisier and much smoother idles. Greatest difference is noticeable when engine is cold. Throttle response is much better with engine bellow working temperature (diesels are well known as "slow to respond" when they are cold). It just revs easier.
Haven't told anybody about mos2, but my brother and father noticed difference and asked me about it my brother even thought that I did subtle remap.

My next oil change is due in about month. And this time I`l use 6 liters of LM Special F 5w-30 (Ford specific oil) and just one can of mos2. I also plan to check oil filter for possible residue but not expect to find any.
Also bought 2 doses of LM gear oil additive with mos2 (1 dose is for one liter of oil) and plan to add it into gearbox.
That all from me. If anyone want any additional info feel free to ask.

Originally Posted By: Novi81

Also bought 2 doses of LM gear oil additive with mos2 (1 dose is for one liter of oil) and plan to add it into gearbox.

Don't use MoS2 in a manual gearbox! It will render the syncros useless.

Originally Posted By: wag123

Don't. worry it's made for manual transmissions and diffs. It's not suitable for wet clutch (bikes) and self locking differentials. My friend used it couple of times on noisy gearbox and diffs with more or less effect.

Originally Posted By: wag123
Originally Posted By: Novi81

Wag123 is correct as it will interfere with the correct friction modifier already contained in a dedicated MTL.

Maybe in theory, but in practical use no.
In this case MTL is almost 11 years old so its due for MTL change anyway. By the look of it (red color) its probably some kind of ATF with EP additives.
My friend (mechanic by profession) used gear oil additive it couple of times to cut down noise from diffs and gearboxes. No problem at all.
So I decided for myself to do little experiment
smile.gif

Anyhow in case of problems have 2 liters of Fuchs Sintofluid 75w-80, so ill just change MTL.

This are some product information in PDF:

http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/mediendb.nsf/gfx2/1040%20Getriebe%C3%B6l-Additiv_EN.pdf/$file/1040%20Getriebe%C3%B6l-Additiv_EN.pdf

I would appreciate opinion on tec. data.

Last edited:
Little update:

Fuel Economy has increased per the computer.

Before it was a very consistent 11.4L - 11.9L/100KM
Now it's locked in between 10.7L-11.3L/100KM at worst.

Same average speed of about 34-36km/h (mostly city)

I installed some MoS2 (Molyslip brand) into a Ford 4.0L SOHC V6 today. With miles of timing chain, jackshaft, balance shaft, weak oil pump and !!16L/100KM!! consumption, a nice FM like MoS2 was imperative IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back