Liqui Moly MoS2 Leichtlauf 10W-40

91OY4jZP1mL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Inked0001_LI.jpg

A good bit of moly, but MoS2 is an outdated friction reducer and substantially less efficient compared to liquid moly-based friction reducers commonly used these days. The 590 ppm of MoS2 is likely no better (if even equivalent) to the ~80 ppm of trinuclear MoDTC used in modern API SP oils.

Otherwise, it has a good dose of ZDDP which I like. The TBN is up there a bit. I would like to see more boron, but otherwise not a bad looking oil.

A good bit of moly, but MoS2 is an outdated friction reducer and substantially less efficient compared to liquid moly-based friction reducers commonly used these days. The 590 ppm of MoS2 is likely no better (if even equivalent) to the ~80 ppm of trinuclear MoDTC used in modern API SP oils.

Otherwise, it has a good dose of ZDDP which I like. The TBN is up there a bit. I would like to see more boron, but otherwise not a bad looking oil.
Not worth the price when you can get a bottle of QSAM 10w40 and dump a bottle of mos2 or lubegard bioT in for less price. The QSAM has better kv100 and HTHS specs too.

Just all of it...it has the MoS2 added...does the bottle say shake before use?
I've never used this one before, but I wonder if the MoS2 falls out of suspension in this oil as it supposedly does when the additive product is added separately to the crankcase?

Back