Liqui-Moly GL-4 75W90 shear stability?

Been using LM GL-4 75W90 in the Corolla in my sig for approximately 6000 miles, it seems to be developing a notchy shift condition. Not really hard to shift, but not as easy to get into gear as it was originally. Anyone else had bad experiences with it? The Redline In the xB has been much better, may just change the Corolla over to it too.

If this is the Gear 300 you’re inquiring about, the shear is 1.06% IIRC. It’s in my thread about 75w90 gear oils. I have not tested the Nissan gear oil. There are 4 other big name gear oils in that thread for comparison, however.

If shear is your only criteria, Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90 lost only 0.06%, making it by far the “best” in that category. However, there are several other standard test data to compare to…

If this is the Gear 300 you’re inquiring about, the shear is 1.06% IIRC. It’s in my thread about 75w90 gear oils. I have not tested the Nissan gear oil. There are 4 other big name gear oils in that thread for comparison, however.

If shear is your only criteria, Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90 lost only 0.06%, making it by far the “best” in that category. However, there are several other standard test data to compare to…
Gear 300 is Motul not Liqui-Moly. Gear 300 Very good stuff.

Back