Liqui Moly 5w-30, 5,011 miles, '18 Audi A4

Good point, I wasn't even tracking that the vehicle was new at that time.
Here you go - my UOA data since new and with 2 turbo upgrades...the silicone spikes are the sealant from those new turbos. You can also see the high starting number. BTW - I run a K&N and some of this is with a K&N on an open intake which clearly isn't an issue for me.

Capture.JPG

TBN depletion rate is one part to determine OCI but there are other factors equably important like contamination from fuel, dirt, soot, coolant which ultimately determine OCI and your numbers look good. I looked at LM fresh oil TBN and it is 6.5 The depletion rate averages about 50% which is ok. Anything over 70% would be a concern.
As far as your choice of Moly Top Tec 4200 5w-30 there's nothing special about this oil. Is it good oil for your application? Probably.
But based on the list below it rates all the way on the bottom.
There might be better choices to protect your 2.0L Turbo. It would be up to you to decide.
The add pack should also be considered.
View attachment 46263
Could someone tell me what HTFS stands for? Thanks!

That was also with RL 5w-40 which (like most high ester oils) are known to show higher iron and copper wear on their initial OCI. Plus, it only had 14k miles total at that point so some of it could've still been leftover break-in particles. Also, we have no idea how these samples were collected.

I still find it ironic that Liqui-"Moly" contains no moly. :confused:

That add pack looks rather anemic, but there's no denying it's working well for you. I think 5k miles or 6 months with this oil is a good fit for your engine.
So, if you switch to an oil like Redline or Amsoil that have higher ester content, it can show higher iron on your initial oil analysis? Can you explain and will it improve by the next oil change and analysis? I ran Amsoil Signature Series my last oil change and my oil analysis showed slightly higher iron content. Vehicle is 2020 JLU Wrangler 3.6 with 15k miles.
Thanks

So, if you switch to an oil like Redline or Amsoil that have higher ester content, it can show higher iron on your initial oil analysis? Can you explain and will it improve by the next oil change and analysis? I ran Amsoil Signature Series my last oil change and my oil analysis showed slightly higher iron content. Vehicle is 2020 JLU Wrangler 3.6 with 15k miles.
Thanks

Ester has high solvency. In high doses, it can hinder AW, FM, and EP additives somewhat as it's trying to strip/dissolve the tribofilm they are putting down. This tends to clear up after some time though.

Another reason is if you have an older engine that has some sludge, there's likely some wear particles that were captured in that sludge. An ester based oil comes along, dissolves the sludge, and the wear particles get tossed back into suspension where they show up higher on a UOA. That too goes away after a few changes.

Most oils that contain ester keep the concentration low (<15%) for those reasons. Oils like Driven LS30 and Amsoil Signature Series contain ~8% ester. Red Line contains up to 40% in some of their oils.

Ester has high solvency. In high doses, it can hinder AW, FM, and EP additives somewhat as it's trying to strip/dissolve the tribofilm they are putting down. This tends to clear up after some time though.

Another reason is if you have an older engine that has some sludge, there's likely some wear particles that were captured in that sludge. An ester based oil comes along, dissolves the sludge, and the wear particles get tossed back into suspension where they show up higher on a UOA. That too goes away after a few changes.

Most oils that contain ester keep the concentration low (
Thanks for the information

Back