LINER SEPARATING ON DOOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cloth liner on the door on my 2005 Civic is starting to separate from the plastic door panel. I don't want to use a spray adhesive as it will make a mess in a very small area (the outer 1\2 inch by 6 inches long is starting to roll back). Is there anything that I could brush on. I was told on another forum to use contact cement but I would think this would show through to the other side of the liner. Any suggestions?

I don't have experience with this, but I've seen my wife use hot glue to adhere fabric to pretty much anything. I'd give it a try

There is an aerosol can trim contact cement available. I can't remember the name of product but I have used it with very good results. It is a high temperature product that you can also use on headliners. Don't use brush on contact because it will soak through and look terrible. Standard contact cement also doesn't like heat and will let go in a car application. It should be available in an auto parts store.

As I mentioned, I don't want to use a spray adhesive because it is a small area. Thanks though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back