Linde Baker forklift UOA BP 15w 40 500 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sample was in service for 500 hours with no oil consumption. I felt it was in service a bit long and asked one of my supervisors to have the
oil changed

Cu-3
Fe-47
Cr-1
Pb-8
Al-4
Si-3
Moly-80
Ca-2524
P-1045
Zn-1231
Water-0
Antifreeze-0
St-80
Oxi-50
Sul-68
Nit-60
PQ-29
Vis-15 cst at 100 C

Some numbers are high but the wear metals are good. This is bulk BP oil from a local oil company. We buy it for about .90 cents a quart. This lift is operated at a lumber dry kiln facility. It runs 16 hours per day. This is a turbocharged six cylinder perkins diesel with 10000 hours on a major rebuild. The motor lasted about 20,000 hours before the rebuild. It is rated around 180 horsepower.

Previous 20,000 hours was with 300 hour oil changes. This is a conventional drive, shaft driven machine clark electronic transmission. Not hydrostatic drive. This interval was about 200 hours to long but this says good things about BP oil.

like a rock, I worked on forklifts 23 years,I'm retired now but the dealership I worked for sold Clark ,Nissan,Daewoo,And Linde Baker. The oil is good.

The oil looks ok but looking at the oxi, sul,nit, it is to long ,250 hours would be better.Also what about lubing the chassis and the chains? Is the previous 20,000 hour engine life done with 500 hour oil changes? That is a fair life span but should be longer. I have seen 25,000 + hours on lpg engines . Does that model have the hydraulic drive with the forward and reverse plus the accelerator all on one pedal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back